close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Port Sheldon 7/15 am

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by STEINFISHSKI, Jul 17, 2017.

1. STEINFISHSKI

STEINFISHSKI Staff Member Mods

Got out for a quick trip in the morning with a rookie crew. Set up north in 95 FOW on a south troll going with the 2' chop. Before sunrise the west winds increased and blew us into 80 FOW. Switched around to a NW troll to 120 FOW, turned around and picked up 2 lakers on the southeast troll with a tin can flasher and peanut bumping the bottom back into about 90'. Saw nice marks up high and 60-80' down but no takers.

Turned back into the NW chop and as we hit 120' all hell broke loose. Had a monster rip on a green meat rig on a high diver back 170. Ripped off 200' of line and came unbuttoned. While resetting that diver the other diver was screaming with a yellow meat rig on a low diver back 150'. While working that one in the 250 copper with jordo stingray went and we landed a 6 lb dime bright steelhead. Before we could clear the net the 225 copper with jordo standard spoon went pulling the TX-44 under. With one driving, one on the diver rod we placed the board rod in a rod holder while we netted the diver fish, a 25# 39.5" male king.

By now the board rod was way back and one of my crew grabbed the rod and was slowly picking up line on it again. The 285 copper rod with jawbreaker stingray decided it was going to leave too. I grabbed the wheel, slowed down the boat and we got the jawbreaker fish in with a 13 lb king while the other guy was still working on that fish. I was able to clear the deck, get some rods back in the water before the last fish hit the net at 170 FOW. She was a ripe hen that at 37" also broke the 25# mark.

We turned around and trolled SE back into 100 FOW, turned around NW back through the waypoints and nothing. Pulled lines at 10. Great day on the water and a heck of an experience for my rookie crew.

[​IMG]

2. BFG

BFG

Clipped fish...and great ones at that!

3. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

Excellent report. I cant wait to get over there again. Nice fish.

4. triplelunger

triplelunger

It's only going to get better!
    Awesome morning!

5. BigrBusFish

BigrBusFish

That's some fun fishing there! Nice job. Sweet Kings too!

6. martin1950

martin1950

Tim, those are 2 beautiful looking fish.
    Martin