Port Huron yearly launch pass

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by cterbow, Mar 26, 2020.

1. cterbow

cterbow

So with the current situation how does one buy a yearly pass. I go frequently and I want to save money on the launch but cannot find a way to purchase.

anyone know of a way to purchase

2. FishTales

FishTales

IF you are talking about MI DNR Launch sites , all you need is the Recreation Passport,

• Vehicles: $12 when purchased with your license plate registration renewal through the Secretary of State.
    • Vehicles: $17 when purchased at state parks, DNR customer service centers (cash or checks only) or at the Secretary of State outside your license plate registration renewal cycle. (Recreation Passport fee + $5 convenience fee = $17)

3. woodsrider

woodsrider

I buy mine early from Anderson’s. I know they are currently closed as are the port Huron public offices. Right now I think your out of luck.

4. cterbow

cterbow

That is my thoughts but more people who see this might help find a solution

5. bobsbeads

bobsbeads

A few years ago I put the annual fee in the envelope with my name and address and asked them to mail me the sticker and they did . Don’t know if they will do it now ?

6. Bob.eye.hunter

Bob.eye.hunter

I thought I read somewhere that at Port Huron city launches a pass was onlt needed from May 1 thru oct 31.
    Boat Ramps: The City of Port Huron also operates and maintains two boat launch locations; one at 12th Street and the other on Riverside Drive. A seasonal permit or a daily launch fee receipt is required for the use of these facilities from May 1 through October 31. Launch fees are in accordance with the MDNR Waterways Commission. The daily launch fee is $6.00 and instructions for payment are posted at each site. Seasonal permits are available through the Treasurer’s Office, and other locations. They cost $24.00 and may be used for both launch sites. Proceeds from permit sales are used exclusively for maintenance and improvements to the boat launches. Trailered vehicles without a daily launch fee receipt or seasonal permit will be subject to civil infraction tickets in the amount of $50.00.

The boat ramps and docks are installed in early spring when the fishing season begins. Boat ramps go in by the first of April. Docks are in by the first of May. Ramps and docks stay in, weather permitting, until approximately mid-November.

7. cterbow

cterbow

Bob.eye.

I read that and was told that before. But I am not keen on a $50 fee.
    I will try to drop the check thing and see

8. greelhappy

greelhappy

Last years prices were $25 Port Huron (12th street). $50 Marysville. Will probably be the same this year.

9. onebad800

onebad800

I haven’t paid yet this year , starts April 1 at water st sign says but doesn’t answer your question for the yearly pass ? Id call the city if you fish there often , I fish other places here soon once the fish are in the entire system

Carpenter Bill likes this.
  10. Bob.eye.hunter

Bob.eye.hunter

Prolly best, Who would you make the check out to?

Carpenter Bill likes this.
  11. cterbow

cterbow

city of Port Huron?

12. Kill-N-Time

Kill-N-Time

FYI .. last November I saw a port Huron city worker checking vehicles for stickers. He told me the sticker is required year-round.

13. Bob.eye.hunter

Bob.eye.hunter

I forget the site I copied and pasted from, but if that's what they told you, I would listen to them.

14. sledman

sledman

The launch at 12th street from my understanding is a separate fee than the recreational DNR sticker ? If so I take it you can pay the 6$ fee at the launch or do you need to get before hand. Thanks in advance never been there planning on going this week.

15. cterbow

cterbow

You pay there. I have an extra yearly launch sticker. I got 2 due to COVID delays. I’ll give it to you for $10

sledman likes this.