Poll: Kill chart

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by fsamie1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. 1. Like kill chart

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. 2. Hate kill chart

51 vote(s)
    71.8%
  1. ahartz

ahartz

the kill charts are hunting memories....I never believed them anyhow....

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  2. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

That was a very long winded response agreeing with my post.

I never said anyone owes me anything. In fact I said I stopped hunting managed areas 20 yrs ago. Managed areas are all about setting the people that choose to hunt there with success. They did a great job of that for decades. It seems some want that changed.

Sorry but i dont buy the narrative that kill charts were taken away because of lying. Especially when you talk out both sides of you mouth and say the info is available anyway. You say hunting there is easy enough and they even planted corn for you. If you believe that you wouldnt care if kill charts were availale for all.

3. propbuster

propbuster

As a young naive duck hunter a LONG time ago, I used the kill charts at FP to try to figure out where to go. Never thought that folks would not fill the cards out correctly. Now I just use my past experience, the weather & the annual reports to try & pick a decent spot. Sometimes I end up on the X, a lot of times I do not. Sometimes I know where the X is but it is gone before I get a chance to pick it. Sometimes I get a spot I want even though I am so far down in the draw, that spot should have been gone. I do not miss the kill charts.

4. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

do you need some phone numbers to the managers that pulled the kill charts to prove it? i mean i can get you this information if you like?

just because you simply don't believe something doesn't make you correct. lol

Fowl Play likes this.
  5. craigrh13

craigrh13

What’s changed? I think they are better than ever right now. At least for the card this administration has given us.

YOU still have to scout and YOU still have to hunt. YOU are given an equal
    Opportunity at access to the area. Where you choose to go is entirely on you. I guess I don’t understand. I wouldn’t want to rely on other peoples information to choose where I go. In fact, the vast majority of time if someone tells me they are banging them in X I choose to go elsewhere. Simply because if I go in there I don’t want it to seem like that hunt was possible because of their info. Not to mention there are so many variables. What’s hot one day could be cold the next.

ice ghost likes this.
  6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Like i said I haven't been to a managed unit in over 20 yrs. I am sure they are as good as ever. But i do see the griping on here about losing the kill charts. There is a sentiment that certain people lobbied for it and I can sympathize with those that like them. When I was 17 yrs old and hunting FP/NP I appreciated the kill charts as a newbie to the sport. With all the new people entering the sport this year Iam sure they would appreciate them as well.

7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Don't bother I wouldnt call. I am sure the same narrative would be relayed. That doesn't necasarily mean that is why they were pulled. Pretty easy to blow a person off with a canned excuse. even if it is their real reasoning it doesnt make them right either.

8. craigrh13

craigrh13

Right. But what are the kill charts giving people that isn’t already known? Big surprise 64/58/34/42 are almost always the top killing fields year after. So what? Look at the end of year reports to see the rest of the information. Then take water/field conditions into account and factor in the wind. It’s really not that hard. Sometimes failing or getting a bad draw is the best thing to happen to a newbie. It allows them to learn a new area.

Indybleck likes this.
  9. Duke of Flintown

Duke of Flintown

Are both sides having fun yet???

Abi13 likes this.
  10. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Just itching to know where kid went. PM me.:) I promised I never pick that zone this year. I pick the zone next to it and show you how it is done.:p:) Is invitation from Kid last year still open?

11. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Hey Kid and Craig, this voting is rigged . I would never consent. Lets courts decide. You voting under your cousins and dead people and dogs should not count.

12. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

i remember the meeting where it was discussed and decided. i know who lobbied for it and why they lobbied for it. I also know that SRSGA did it first (pulled chart).... SRSGA ran without killcharts for a few years before other adopted it. Ask yourself why the other adopted it...and that was dnr's decision to do so.

p.s. its because they got more accurate info and most duck hunters supported the decision....and admitted they lied on their cards previously. lol.

13. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

i've seen guys draw bad. take a crappy field, not hunt that field....then fill the card out maxed and deposit it into the collection box.

that was the information that showed up on the kill chart the next morning, lol.

14. craigrh13

craigrh13

You made this stupid poll. How did you think it was going to turn out? Are you starting to realize that not everyone is looking for handouts like you?

15. Duckhunter66

Duckhunter66

Let me guess, today is the closed day for the "parking lot" so Samie has nothing to do...

Ducks10, Fowl Play, fsamie1 and 4 others like this.