Poll: Kill chart

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by fsamie1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. 1. Like kill chart

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. 2. Hate kill chart

51 vote(s)
    71.8%
  1. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Lets see how many people like the kill charts.

2. blklab

blklab

How do you know where to go layout hunting?

AaronJohn, hmrx, Urriah and 2 others like this.

3. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

you can get full kill charts after season. you should look into that to plan out your year.

RiverRanger likes this.
  4. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

i know 3 other guys that use them extensively and do really well by using historical data with current conditions to make their picks. novel concept i know...whoda thunk.

AaronJohn and ajkulish like this.
  5. craigrh13

craigrh13

Seriously. What good does a kill chart do for you on the day of the draw?

6. blklab

blklab

It helps speed up the draw that's about it. You don't have 40 people coming up asking where to go. I've also got burned by them, drawing last place shooting birds and then never being able to get back into that zone for another week.

Big Frank 25 likes this.
  7. craigrh13

craigrh13

Right. But what good does the kill chart do? Different areas are hot at different times. Let’s just say X for example. It was super hot early on and killed a lot of birds. It’s dead now. Kill chart shows that zone with big numbers....but it was all the first week. Dead as can be now. People who have done zero homework see those numbers and go in there. Don’t shoot crap. They just wasted a hunt.

Highball28 likes this.
  8. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Remember you 2, it is called MANAGED area. It is not your private hunt club. Therefore, state should provide all information possible to make the area enjoyable to all Michiganders and couple of locals should have nothing to say about it:p. I just want to know where kid went.:)

bambam1 and Aaronjeep2 like this.
  9. craigrh13

craigrh13

but the information does nothing to help you that day at the draw. Your poll shows that wayyyyy more people agree with us than you. You appear to be the only lazy one who doesn’t want to actually learn how to hunt an area.

Again, I live 1.5 hours away. I am in no way a local.

Ducks10 likes this.
  10. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

he still doesn't understand that by putting up kill charts...it encourages people to lie about their kill (it happens way more than you think).

guys lay a limit down in a field/zone, the last thing they want to announce to the world is where they did it as they will be at the draw the next day trying to get in there again.

this equals bad information for the biologists, screws up tons of things. no kill charts and all of sudden the get real numbers about the area. This is why you should look at kills by zone and what species in the end of the year totals....because they are very accurate. :)

Ducks10, pilgs, Ash and 2 others like this.
  11. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

oh and scout before you hunt. or even better yet...instead of pissing everyone off, try to make friends with them so they give you info when you request it (like an area that is killing birds). :) sometimes its easier to paddle downstream with friends instead of paddling up stream alone.

12. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Honestly it is more about a sense that you are being give the most info possible to be as successful as everyone else. It is a fairness thing with alot if people. The information is there and.it used to be available now it isn't so people feel cheated and there is a sense of not being as in the know as others.....to me that is the bottom line.

I think your point is very valid and the information on kill charts probably does someone alot less good than they think it does. If that is truly the case (and i believe you are right) why take them away at all. Why not appease those that want them. It isnt like marking the board with the kill chart was a big deal. They already compile the information. If it makes people enjoy the bingos and feel they are getting valuable information when they arent....let them at it.

Its the fighting about it that doesnt make sense to me.

13. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

so biologists got bad information in the last 30 years or so because you 2 do not to report your kills. Remember, when you are in a hot zone, all zones around you see that and report it to their buddies. That is why that zone goes first in next day draw.

14. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Liars gonna lie. You said yourself the info is available eventually anyway. A guy that lied before is still going to lie.

To me its like the mandatory buck registration argumentm. People think one regulation will change everything. Those that want to lie will always lie regardless.

15. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Lots of assumptions there. And accusations. Mostly wrong.

notime, nichola8, BumpRacerX and 2 others like this.