Poll - How many days did you hunt this rifle season

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by yoopertoo, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Fewer than last year

46 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. The same as last year

49 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. More than last year

72 vote(s)
    43.1%
  1. NormD

NormD

First U.P. hunt in 30 years. I did all day sits 15th to 20th. Missed a 6-pointer on opening day right at dusk, then nothing but Doe's after that.

2. I hunted everyday Shot a buck opening morning and then hunted the time of day I wanted the rest of the season.

3. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I hunted 3 less days that last year. Shot the same number of deer i have the last 4 years. 1

jeffm likes this.
  4. bluealaskan

bluealaskan

Hunted more this year and being retired have alot more time to do it. Probably 95% have been shot on opening days. Would rather not wait until last hour of season (lol), but was really fun and more gratifying.

Sprytle, bowhunter426 and jeffm like this.
  5. carnivor

carnivor

I went into the woods with a gun 3 times this year. Last year, few times more. It is my goal to be done hunting before firearm season starts. We are a three deer family. I might shoot one more for sausage and brats. Really, I’ll use that as an excuse to get out of the house and sit in nature while I wait for ice.

yoopertoo likes this.
  6. Shawnxbow

Shawnxbow

7. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Admin Mod

Not counting early/late antlerless -
    Last year I firearm hunted 11/15, 11/16, and day after Thanksgiving (3)
    This year 11/15-11/17, and 11/26 - 11/29 (7).
    One buck on 11/16 last year, no regular season firearm deer this year.
    <----<<<

8. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

The same as last year. Last year I shot a 6 point on the third day of rifle season. This year I shot an 8 point on the third day. Last year I saw 2 deer total while hunting, and this year 1, so I guess sightings were down 50%. If I see 2 next year they will be up 100%.

motdean and bowhunter426 like this.
  9. U.P.Grouse Chaser

U.P.Grouse Chaser

I hunted 5 days this year and tagged Two 8 points I did not go out after that. I still have an anterless tag . I just don't need any more venison this season. Last year I hunted 10 days and tagged a doe.

10. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

Last year i hunted 3 days during rifle.. saw 1 doe through the thick stuff 100+ yards out. Waited for her to come to me.. she had other ideas.. Only thing i saw last year other than turkeys.

this season i sat for 4 days (1 archery and 3 rifle). i saw the most deer i've ever seen while hunting at my grandmas. which was 6, 7 including the buck my cousin shot. I'm home with 1 tag left, but two deer in my freezer for the first time ever. I'm ok with that, but i might sneak out later this month to see what i can shoot.

11. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

Hunted 7 days during gun,10 pt opening day,got out 3xs with bow and by choice passed on many small bucks,looking forward to a couple of does with the Muzzle Loader.

12. Milosh

Milosh

I hunted 10 days last year and shot a 10 point on the 17th and a doe on the 23rd. This year I hunted 12 days and got a 10 point on the 16th.

13. Namrock

Namrock

Way more during gun deer season for me this year. Buck tagged out on 11/09 last fall, & that definitely made it easier to sleep in. I think I liked last year better ;)

old graybeard likes this.
  14. Masterblaster1

Masterblaster1

5 days total (rifle) so far this year. Took a deer opening morning had to leave camp early because of the warm temperatures, didnt want it to spoil. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any archery in this year either. Due to having a young daughter and working alot due to the pandemic, I haven't had much energy or time left to hunt. Maybe next year..

15. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

The whole rifle season, and nothing. Saw a dandy three different times but no shot.