Poll: Baiting in Michigan

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by motdean, Sep 25, 2019.

Baiting in Michigan

Poll closed Oct 16, 2019.
  1. I am against baiting under all circumstances.

65 vote(s)
    19.9%
  2. I am for baiting outside of a disease (CWD, bTB) area.

44 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I am for baiting across the board; Bait in a disease zone will not impact the spread of disease.

142 vote(s)
    43.4%
  4. I am neutral on baiting.

76 vote(s)
    23.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Here is another one. Lets say the DNR made it illegal to hunt within 1 mile from any farm field if on state land or on state land made it illegal to hunt within 500 yard of a cedar swamp, how many property owners with land bordering state land would support this. Judging by many posts on here I don't think many would

2. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

I agree. The hunting fraternity becomes more and more fractured every year. I have no idea where it is going to end, but all of these special interest regulations isn't bringing us together.

The worst thing might be a vegan anti-hunter type, but could be an apathetic former hunter be second place?

3. miruss

miruss

Here are some of your post's !
    "I do not agree that there are 200,000 hunters or anywhere near that number leaving Michigan to hunt elsewhere. But I do agree that the crybabies should leave."
    "I want less people in the woods."
    "That will mean less hunters in the woods when I am hunting. Bring it on, NRC!"
    "As an admittedly selfish deer hunter, I like the status quo as it is. I hunt public land in SW Presque Isle county. Not alot of deer but even less hunters around"
    "you think that if baiting was never allowed, in any state, that the percentage of so-called "slob" hunters would be less? Or would they think of another way to earn that label?"

Yet now you want EVERYONE to join hands and sing kombyya!
    I personally don't hunt deer as much as i used to could live without it all i can say is you guys that have been saying this kind of **** better hope deer hunting over food plots never come up for a vote ! I think the loss would be worst then the wolf hunt that was on the ballot.

4. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Remember that we had entire hunting season ended in the ballot box. It won't be the last.

Trout King likes this.
  5. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Just south of hale on 65 there were carrots being loaded into vehicles. UP bound!

6. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

In the 70's as a teenager with a teenagers understanding of things we thought it was illegal. The only example I recall was a reviled rumored family that hunted over a salt block.

I was shocked when I came back to Michigan in the mid 90's to see baiting as commonplace, and wondered what changed when.

Scout 2 likes this.
  7. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

I like your comment about hunters who choose to hunt differently than others.

I did not choose APRs but it has been pushed on the Michigan deer hunter. I am not alone on that side of the story.

I am sure you would agree with my comments, big bucks have been around for ever. But the average deer hunter does not live in that realm that the big bucks do. So they are a problem to the person who wants to shoot big bucks. Since they can get rid of that deer hunter, it is my opinion that the apr game was thought up to have more bucks by passing them when they were younger also making them dumber and more abundant to the antler hunter.

You can program dumb deer to come to a electronic feeder every time it goes off.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  8. rwenglish1

rwenglish1

There are 4 categories of taxidermy and l love them all.

l dont believe l have ever mentioned trophy apr mounts.

And trophy deer hunters are not even close to the numbers of normal deer hunters.

I think you made bad judgement on that post!

If you would really like to solve this problem of divisiveness , then lets have an at time of deer license purchase poll on the issue of APR’S Yes or No let all who buy a deer license have their voices heard and put it to rest.

9. Dish7

Dish7

Who or what is keeping hunters from hitting the woods? A bag of vegetables? If so, count me in. Don't care anymore.

Sparky23, Tracker83 and Tilden Hunter like this.
  10. sniper

sniper

What language are you speaking??
    I’ve read your post here a few times now and have no clue what your talking about. You don’t like aprs I get that part from your ramblings. I’ve been hunting whitetail for almost 40 years now and at no time ever has our deer hunting been better than it is right now. Not ever. We hunt for mature deer and have passed 100’s of young bucks over the last several years. It works and no one in our camp is quitting the sport I can tell you that much. This I can tell you is fact. I’ve known hundreds of hunter over the years in the sport, I know no one like I think your trying to describe above. You absolutely do not want an apr poll at the point of sale. You don’t. As hunters age out, your number of the “brown is down” crowd is dwindling quickly. Not sure what else to tell ya besides live with it. Aprs are not going away anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

11. swampbuck

swampbuck

Dont care anymore. When the majority reach that point, we will be in trouble.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

mbrewer likes this.
  12. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

This thread ran its course a long time ago. Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.