Polarized Sunglasses - Honest Review

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Seabassoutdoors, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ART

ART

Prescription Oakley iridium blue- Atlantic Ocean-can see the bottom at 30 feet deep.

2. Thomas Epple

Thomas Epple

Depends fo what you want to use them for ...but for sight fishing... river, flats, etc.. Nothing beat Costa. I see what others can't.. plain and simple

UPEsox likes this.

3. paperhead

paperhead

I have 3 pair of Costas. They are the best sunglasses I have ever had. One 400g and 2 580p. All Hamlin model one copper, one blue mirror and one green mirror.

4. kzoofisher

kzoofisher

I need prescription, safety lenses, 100% UV and bi focal. The darker the better. The lights in these MJ plants we're building are unbelievable. Any suggestions? Be awesome if they were polarized and I could use them fishing, too.

5. Slimshady

Slimshady

I have a pair of Maui-Jims and I like them a lot. However, my favorite cheap sun-glasses are the Berkley's that you can get a Walmart for under $10 bucks. I probably have 6 pairs of those and keep them everywhere. I like the tortoise-shell ones with the amber lenses.

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. wizzuh

wizzuh

method seven glasses for grow rooms.

kzoofisher likes this.
  7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I agree with you. The 580p glass lenses are virtually scratch proof. The ones you mentioned are excellent but that isnt even the best lense they make for sight fishing. Ask any pro and they will honestly tell you unless they are being paid by oakley or someone else they wear costa. For sight fishing every pro wears silver sunrise 80% of the time. It was a lense developed for early morning conditions but all the pros use it for bed fishing season all day.

Went to an flw highschool camp with my kid last year and talked with about 10 different pros. Bryan thrift did a nice seminar on the subject.

breminnie likes this.
  8. St. Clair Slayer

St. Clair Slayer

Glass lens are great and have no distortion. They are heavy on your face. I had a couple pair of Hobie with glass years ago they were great. Most of the time I wear Maui now. Plastic lens with cheaters in them so I can tie knots. Brown lens.

9. milanmark

milanmark Premium Member

Since I need prescription lenses the Drivewear is my choice! They are awesome, change for conditions and are shades of copper which work the best.

ESOX likes this.
  10. loomis82

loomis82

ESOX likes this.
  11. lodge lounger

lodge lounger

Maui Banyans for many years now. One pair bronze (streams), one grey (blue water), both prescription. Either color for everyday. Honestly, I don't think I see fish better with these than with any other decent polarized lenses. On the upside, my eyes don't get fatigued, and I'm pretty light sensitive. Also: rimless, lightest glass sunwear I found, fit my big face, stay in place, comfortable all day long. I will normally break 'em at the hinge making some bonehead move, happens maybe every couple years. Ten bucks gets 'em repaired and returned fast. The glass just doesn't scratch, used my current lenses for five years or more. If you looked through the lenses on my regular glasses you'd know right away I am careless and a klutz, so I got a good basis for comparison. Croakies for sure, but don't forget ya got 'em dangling and hug a well-endowed female acquaintance. Snapped hinges on a couple different pairs before I figured that out. :banghead3

12. Topshelf

Topshelf

Costas for me. I've got both the blue and green glass lens. I dropped the green lens pair on the street bricks in Key West, walking to a charter fishing trip.
    Sent them back to Costa for repair and had a new pair in two weeks.

The glass lens is opticly great. I've had Ray-Bans and other high-end polarized glasses and by far like the Costas best

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

13. breminnie

breminnie Premium Member

Costas for me after my eyes were fixed!! I love the silver sunrise and I also have a pair of grey mirror for when its really bright!!

14. hypox

hypox

I buy cheap ones and replace (or lose) them every 6 months.

Works for me.

6Speed likes this.
  15. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

I lost a pair of $200 clip ons in the Keys about three years ago when they blew off on a charter. I replaced them with a pair of $15 clip ons from a local drug store and I've had them since. Polorization is just a process and its the same on expensive glasses as well as cheap ones from my experience.