Pointe Mouillee Time!

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by DecoySlayer, Apr 30, 2018.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I will be sending out the application letters for the Pointe Mouille Waterfowl Festival and Michigan Duck Hunter's Tournament this week! We sold out last year and we want to sell it out again this year.

Have some used hunting and fishing items to sell? A duck boat? Buy a space! It's VERY inexpensive, only $50 for the weekend for a 10X20 space.

If you are interested just drop me a snail mail address in a private conversation and I will get an application out to you.

2. webbedconnection

webbedconnection

We'll be there! Hopefully in the same spots!

3. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

NO problem! Looking forward to seeing you there again!

You will be receiving your's soon.

Thank you for your support.

4. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

i hope the application has the date/s, as your post did not

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

OOPS! Sorry! Sept 15 and 16, Sat and Sun, with Fri the 14th for set up if you like.

6. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

opening day of grouse. not a good date

7. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

ty

8. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

It has been that same weekend for several years. If we planned it for the 19th week of August it would not be a good date. There are just too many things going on to work around them all. It's impossible.

9. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

i did sell there one year, and bought one year. i think it was the weekend between labor day and grouse opener - i.e. the 8th this year, which i would have done, no conflicts that weekend

10. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

There were a TON of other conflicts on that weekend. Shows in Ohio, PA, others in MI. It's MUCH harder than the old days when we were the only show in town.

11. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

you are the only show in my town! haha

12. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I wish that were true, it would make our job MUCH easier!

13. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

The Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival, and Michigan Duck Hunter's Tournament, are looking for some "special people" to help us, and Pointe Mouillee, out.

We are looking for sponsors, LOTS of sponsors, so we can continue the tradition of the Festival and advance the work that is being done to restore the marsh.

We are also looking for someone to "chair" the duck and goose calling contests. That person would be responsible for finding judges as well as working with Michigan Ducks Unlimited to develop a Michigan "style" state wide duck and goose calling championship competition.

It will be time consuming and challenging work. We need someone with great people skills and a unique ability to BS with anyone and everyone! A love of waterfowl, waterfowl hunting and Pointe Mouille is a must!

The pay? What more could one ask for? That wonderful feeling knowing that you are helping to restore, and protect, a very special place in Michigan and the opportunity to get to know, and work with, a very dedicated group of people all working for "The Pointe".

Don't have the time but want help? We need money and/or prizes, to help attract callers and judges. The more the merrier

All that are interested can drop me a PM.

(After the Festival is over I will start "bugging" people to join the Monroe Chapter of Ducks Unlimited! You guys might as will just give in and join the fun!)