Pm lake

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by Jfisher, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Jfisher

Jfisher

Don't anchored boats have the right of way. I've seen the jiggers by the badger... I just go around and wave

2. maddiedog

maddiedog

That's a great spot to jig. There's also 4 holes just outside the middle that fish also stack up in. Around corner of oxy dock where river begins is another. All outside of middle. Just saying

fisheater likes this.

3. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

Figure it out? Have you ever been on pm lake to even know what you're talking about? You can be anchored way back in one of the coves and the guys trolling will still roll in and come within 20' of your boat. It is what is and for the most part you accept it and most people get along.

Sparky23, Ralph Smith, TK81 and 3 others like this.
  4. Tommy O

Tommy O

I like to do both on PM lake, both jigging and trolling, and I try to use common sense. If I mark a bunch of fish in the middle of the channel but everyone is trolling the channel, I move on and look for fish elsewhere. Being that I'm in a kayak I realize Im harder to see and perhaps thats why I'm inclined to look for out-of-the-way fish rather than wherever the biggest pod is. But even when I'm trolling I try to give those jigging their space, just seems like common fishing courtesy. Lifes to short and I'm just looking for some peace when I'm out fishing, no point in adding to my own stress over catching a fish.

bmoffit and fisheater like this.
  5. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

Here's a report: just got back from four days up there jigging with my sons. Marked a fair amount of fish, but for the most part they had lockjaw. Went a grand total of 4 for 7 the entire time. There's definitely some fish, but it certainly isn't on by any means. This is one of my boys who got this 28lb fish on Monday night.

Attached Files:

billy69, BFG, Sparky23 and 16 others like this.
  6. Capt.WACO

Capt.WACO

Watched him fight and land that fish, looked like he was having a good time! That's us in the background of your picture.

7. maddiedog

maddiedog

There you go. That simple.

fisheater and Crazy Bird Hunter like this.
  8. us18188

us18188

Hello guys!

I just want you all to know, anchored boats do not have the right of way. In fact, anchoring in a COMMERCIAL channel or by ANY commercial vessel is ILLEGAL!!! You are not the STAND ON vessel you ARE a safety hazard. You can be arrested and or ticketed and fined for doing so. Just want people to know the rules of the road and be safe.

9. Fishndude

Fishndude

That is a Toad of a King. Look how fat it is, right behind the head. Your boys are growing up! Good to see you are, TC.

10. Budulater

Budulater

We were there on Wednesday afternoon till 8:00.Starting around 6:00ish it started getting a bit crowed,but by 7;30 it was to much to weave bob and dodge,so we got off the Lake at 8:00.LOL We did pick one up,and lost one.Didn't see any problems,but having your head on a swivel was a MUST!!!. :) It was packed pretty tight.

6667supersport likes this.
  11. Capt.WACO

Capt.WACO

Power-driven vessels must keep out of the way of any vessel not under command(anchored). Unless in a commercial channel.

Sparky23 and thousandcasts like this.
  12. ChromeDome69

ChromeDome69

I am on PM lake multiple times a week and I must say I am very impressed with everyone out there. I have yet to see anyone yell and scream at one another this season. Its a crap show no doubt, bobbing and weaving around one another. It makes for an interesting time, and I honestly look forward to it each fall.

Lot of good, easy going people out there! We all know what we are getting ourselves into dropping a line in the crowd.

13. plugger

plugger Premium Member

It is becoming congested n PM Lake. The way kings run has sparked some disappointments. If jiggers are willing to cooperate, pull anchor ectara for trollers we should try to give them room when they have a fish on. If they wont cooperate so be it. I have switched a couple rigs over to 40 pound test so that I can lean on fish if necessary. I prefer to avoid the pond on weekends!

14. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

Exactly. I've seen and fished in worse places and PM lake isn't even on that list. I've talked to a lot of cool people out there. Both trollers and jiggers.

15. maddiedog

maddiedog

I see the sheriff and dnr is out there sitting in the middle playing peace keeper.

weatherby likes this.