Pm lake

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by Jfisher, Aug 4, 2020.

1. fisheater

fisheater

Last Tuesday when you saw the boats was the day to be out, or possibly earlier. I know a guy that picked up a king Saturday, then two on Monday. You can’t wait for reports, it will be over. It’s not exact, it’s easy to be a day early or a day late. I live and work in Oakland County hard to be there when I want, but easy to read the tea leaves.
    I am attaching a link to the Ludington Thermistor. If it hits 50 degrees at 40 feet from August 1 to Sept 20 go fishing if you are able.
    There is a lot to learn beyond that advice. Do you fish the pier head or the pond? Do I jig or troll? Since I still struggle with the how’s and where’s and won’t comment beyond the advice I gave you. Besides figuring it out is half the fun!

2. Weadhopperfishing

Weadhopperfishing

I fished the pond on Tuesday picked up 2 and then got 1 Thursday and by Friday they were gone. And the fish got darker and darker as the week went on hopefully another pod of fish come in the next week!

fisheater likes this.

3. magnum lure

magnum lure

I didn't see the link?

4. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

This isn't the one I'm sure. I've used a different one, but can't find it right now. Still looking. When you bring this up and see the info, click on the water temp and it will show more details. :)
    https://glbuoys.glos.us/SPOT-0648

5. Bob Hunter

Bob Hunter

The buoy off Ludington that shows the down temperature at various depths is not out this year, thay placed a different one out thete that just gives the surface temperatures.

6. Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

7. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

That picks up cloud temps, so not a good one to go by....there's a bouy with temp at every so many feet down.

8. plugger

plugger Premium Member

The buoy with the down temps has not been deployed this year. We have the "lite" version that only provides surface temp.

9. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

That bouy not being up sucks, really helps as a pier fisherman who live in se michigan.

jumbojake and Ralph Smith like this.
  10. DoubleJay

DoubleJay

Congrats!

11. Pete R

Pete R

The lake was 49 degrees on the surface south of ludington yesterday we never took our sweatshirts off till we got on shore to clean fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

12. fisheater

fisheater

I thought I had pasted the link. Unfortunately when I looked it up and copied the address, I did not have my reading glasses on. I had information from Oct. 2019.
    My apologies for being sloppy.

13. BrookTrout2

BrookTrout2

14. magnum lure

magnum lure

It's all good, just looking for current info that will help me put a plan together. Heading to Ludington next sunday and taking my girlfriend and her son, he has caught steelhead but no kings. If I can get him on a few kings I will have a new salmon fishing partner!!

15. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

Still dead. Fished yesterday morning and evening and didn't touch a thing. Saw one caught by a boat trolling and that was it.