close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Plasti dip for shanty?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by zechmeister, Nov 20, 2014.

1. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

So far, So good, no Flex Seal, got it.

Edit: Wondering if one or two "light coats" of Flex Seal would do the trick?

2. Stand By

Stand By

Offroaders and mallcrawlers use plasti dip on their wheels all the time and it seems to be pretty durable. Not easy to get back off. I would probably just keep using that product.

3. ajkulish

ajkulish

Plastidip is very easy to remove so long as you follow the two light coat base, and clean the entire surface with alcohol before you spray. Us car guys have been putting this on wheels for years now, and it will hang up for quite a while.

4. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

I honestly think I'm just going to spray paint the inside of the shanty. That paint should soak into the material no problem. There is no way I'm going to remove the tent and roll that Plasti-Dip or Loctite stuff on there.

5. ajkulish

ajkulish

I wouldnt use paint, it WILL crack. Plastidip probably wont. and you dont have to roll it on, just get the spray cans. Goes on just like spray paint for the same price.

William H Bonney likes this.
  6. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Spend the time and use plasti dip, u won't regret it. The product is amazing, I use it all the time on custom fiberglass enclosures I make. Not once have I ever had a client complain