Place to stay near SSP

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Lundman, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Lundman

Lundman

I am looking for a place to stay for a week while fishing out of SSP. We got 2 boats, 4 guys. Looking for a house to rent or B&B, or motel. Fish cleaning station and freezer would be a big plus. Any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kroppe

kroppe

If you sleep in your vehicles or have an RV in your group, the state park campground is an option.

BuckeyeFootball likes this.

3. Four hotels just outside entrance to SSP. I would guess that when the campground opens up that the fish cleaning station at SSP ramp will open also and camping is due I believe June 21? If our beloved queen sticks to her plan. Hell we ll all have fresh haircuts too Maybe.

4. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Tru hotel.... directly across from Jeffs bait.

5. Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder

We have done the hotel thing by SSP entrance. My buddy from the west side comes and stays for a few days. We use a mini freezer he has and clean fish when the SSP cleaning station is open. Label each days catch and freeze. The motel has an ice machine also. Didn't seem to have any problems leaving his boat out in the lot. But it's been a couple years since we have done that.

6. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

check my place in Gibraltar on airbnb, entire house if you do not mind driving 14 miles on I75 to get to SSP.

MISTURN3 likes this.