close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pink Fly Rod?

Discussion in 'FlyTyingForums.com, Fly Tying, Trout Fishing' started by frenchriver1, Jan 6, 2018.

1. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

Was at Cabela's in Dundee and saw the cutest little pink fly rods. Come on, really?????

2. OldBuck

OldBuck

I haven't seen them but maybe they have something to do with one of the breast cancer recovery organizations.

3. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

The Pink Fly rod is a new rod that they have for kids. "Lady Bug" for girls and "Grasshopper" for boys, 8' 5wt. 4 pc. med. action. I think it is a good idea, as the rod is sized for youths, smaller handle, softer/med. action for beginners, etc. would have been nice to have something like this years ago when I introduced the grandson and granddaughter to fly fishing.

D/

4. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

Niche marketing geniuses. I guess that goes along with the idea of fishing rods of all sizes and dimensions to fit everyone's needs.

5. JAA

JAA

Well they make Pink camo Rifles, They call the Camo pattern, Muddy Girl. Heck if it pulls kids away from the couch's and computers into the outdoors it's done it's Job!!!!!;)

6. abbatoys

abbatoys

My daughter has one and it actually casts a pretty good line. My other daughter has the blue one.