Pike Tournaments

Discussion in 'Tournament Talk' started by Machete3227, May 21, 2016.

1. Machete3227

Machete3227

Just finished the Sanford Lake Pike Tournament (great time and great tournament). I was wondering if any of you guys know of any other Pike Tournaments? I know there are a ton of bass tourneys, but never any pike tourneys. I'm guessing there are some local pike tournaments that don't get good publicity. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HuskyJerkin22 likes this.
  2. Copper44

Copper44

I fished yesterday and would also be interested in other pike tourneys!

3. Fishsmith85

Fishsmith85

Get enough people from here and put one on! I'm in

bronc72 and Machete3227 like this.
  4. Machete3227

Machete3227

Thought about it. Should start up the Michigan Pike Tour! Guarantee people would come out for tourneys. It's an untapped market.

5. Smelt73

Smelt73

There used to be the Premier Pike Your a few years back, not sure why it phased out but the name/rights might be for sale?? I don't know? I also would like to fish pile tourneys, and can get others involved too.

6. grimreaper

grimreaper

Anybody got the results?

7. U D

U D

A pile tourney?? A proctologist dream.

8. Machete3227

Machete3227

Have not seen the results online. I know for a fact if there were pike tourneys I could get many involved. We just have to make it happen or contact the right people.

9. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

I grew up fishing for pike, but hardly do anymore since I live in Bay City and fish the eyes all the time. Love catching them. I know we like getting them through the ice on Houghton lake, and with the regs up there now, it would be a great place to have one :)

Howard Baumann likes this.
  10. fishinthed

fishinthed

I'd like to see on on Lake St. Clair. Would have to be after musky season opens, so as not to catch too much flak.

Unfortunately most inland lakes near the Detroit area with decent sized launch sites are seas of hammer-handles. Some decent fish were caught at a Permier Pike tournament I fished at Coldwater Lake, near the center of the S border.

11. bronc72

bronc72

I have been watching this pike fishing tournament on YouTube. Evidently pike tournaments are big in Sweden. I think a series of tournaments around the state would be cool.

12. Nick101011

Nick101011

Bumping this up. I'd be interested in fishing some pike tournys. Anyone know of any other tournaments coming up? What resources do you guys use to find local tournaments?

Thanks

13. Machete3227

Machete3227

September 9th there is a pike tourney on wixom lake. I use this website and Facebook pages to look for local tourneys.

Howard Baumann and Ralph Smith like this.
  14. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

I haven't done any pike tourneys yet, or got back into fishing much for them since I'm right here in B.C. and spend most of my time fishing walleye, but would like to. Here's a page I joined on f.b., I'm sure there's more..... https://www.facebook.com/groups/949679198386812/

Howard Baumann likes this.
  15. Nick101011

Nick101011

Anyone going to be fishing the September 9th tournament? I've never fished the lake or fished a tournament before, but I'm thinking about doing it if I can get another person.

I mainly fish for pike so the idea of doing a tournament sounds fun as hell.

Ralph Smith likes this.