PIG POISON

Discussion in 'Feral Pig Control and Hunting' started by david boyko, Feb 23, 2017.

1. david boyko

david boyko

just read about the texas big wigs wanting to put pison in bait piles to wipe out the population there how f,d up is that idea

2. ausable riverboat

ausable riverboat

With all the pigs they have how are they going to put up with smell

3. david boyko

david boyko

My question won't this make them inedible for all the other animals and people to

4. Scout 2

Scout 2

One of the biggest reasons they have such a problem is very limited hunting. Most of the pigs are on some of the big ranches and an average person cannot get on there to hunt or you need very deep pockets. I have been many times in the past but I have a long time friend who owns the ranch where I hunted. I would really like to do one of those chopper hunts though, I think that would be a blast

2508speed likes this.
  5. 2508speed

2508speed

That's why I like Mi. policy towards pigs. I'd like to see it changed to where you don't need a small game license.
    Not that I've ever seen a pig in the woods, but I'd like to keep it that way.

6. junkman

junkman

Awesome,Secondary poisonings on a mass scale.

Okie Hog likes this.
  7. Okie Hog

Okie Hog

Yep, the TX Ag Commissioner wants to use Warfarin to poison wild hogs. After ingesting Warfarin the hogs often suffer for a week or more before dying. i think the use of Warfarin to poison wild hogs is inhumane. Australia stopped using Warfarin to poison hogs for that very reason.

Texas and Oklahoma are over run with wild hogs. Hunters and landowners in both states run deer feeders all year long. They go through huge quantities of corn and other feed. Much, if not most, of that food is being eaten by wild hogs. Yep, folks are attracting, feeding and raising wild hogs. Additionally, Bubba continues to release hogs into the wild. Some of the hogs i kill look like dirty show pigs.

Last year i killed 50-60 small pigs with a Ruger 10/.22. Shot another 40 or so adult hogs. We also trapped about 70 wild hogs.

End result: Not a dent in the hog population.

Anish likes this.
  8. Tamike3030

Tamike3030

Let it stink for a couple weeks, no big deal! Live pigs probably stink more than dead pigs anyhow!

9. Patrickr

Patrickr

Put a serious commercial incentive behind killing those pigs and they won't have a pig problem for very long, provided they, the state government, set the program up for success and eliminate fraud problems before they happen.