pig and jig?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Fishfighter, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

what is a pig and jig how to use them and were can I buy some? thanks in advance

2. BassFisher91

BassFisher91

3. kristo27

kristo27

It's basicly a crayfish imitation with a lot of options you can pitch or flip it in very heavy cover or swim it off rocky shoreline they are very productive use them all the time one of my favorites i have been using powercraws as a chunk with some good success every bass angler has them in there arsenal for sure!!!!!i personally like browns blacks and blues the more natural the better

4. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

hey I've used these before I used to kill the rock bass on it thanks

5. bowhunter1670

bowhunter1670

The "PIG" part of a jig and pig is named that bacause up until about 10 years ago the trailer or "chunk" for your jig used to be made of pork skin/fat i/e the little green and white Uncle Josh cans. Now the most popular styles are the senthetic sent infused trailers. I personally like rage craws, or chigger craws, the arms/claws have a great action. Deadly on rocky bottoms or anywhere that holds alot of crawfish. You can also use a jerk shad trailer, a rubber minnow, bite it in half and use the tail end, mimics a goby or feeding minnow

6. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

I wondered were pig came from I have heard about the prok rine before but never knew thats what a pig and jig was

7. mrjimspeaks

mrjimspeaks

Finally gave the old pig and jig at a nice deep hole with a rocky bottom in my lake (the only one i believe). First cast a really nice one followed it up but didn't take. On the third cast a massive bass followed it up and took it right next to the boat. Easily the biggest one I've ever caught. I knew that hole had some lunkers in it just had some trouble getting to them. Any suggestions on presentation or hook setting would be great. Also my lake is reallllly weedy any suggestions on getting around that?

8. andrew09

andrew09

Did you use the pork skin, or did you use a soft plastic on the jig. I saw the uncle josh's pork skin trailers at gander mountain and saw that they had all sorts of different colors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mrjimspeaks

mrjimspeaks

I was using a plastic Rage Chunk trailer from strike king.

10. TrekJeff

TrekJeff

Andrew, ask the guys where you work...they are geniuses!:D

11. EYECHASER1

EYECHASER1

Great flippin lure !!