Pier King spoon help

Discussion in 'Big Lake Surf/ Pier Reports' started by Gabe T, Jul 27, 2020.

1. tneering

tneering

Back when there were salmon in oscoda I used to get them all night. It was these n my barramundi maulers. I go bout once a year to ludington

2. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

3. 6667supersport

6667supersport

First night I ever casted off a pier threw an Xcalibur XR75 for four hours or so, never got bit. Then Adam Bradley came out and loaned me a Double green glow cleo, just as the sun was coming up I caught my 1st pier king on it. Thanks again Adam :)

4. 6667supersport

6667supersport

I did get a hit on a large Chrome/clown blade bait one morning off a pier, fish got off right away, I am thinking the hooks are a little on the small side for a mature king. Have also casted a large Lucky Craft lipless crank both during dark and during day, it has yet to entice a strike.

5. MPOW

MPOW

1oz rattle traps, j13 rapala, ping a tees, 700 reef runners are awesome plugs...crush

6667supersport likes this.
  6. lostontheice

lostontheice

3/4 oz green glow.. Little cleo,KO wobbles,cast master..all work after dark.. Day time.. 3/4 blue/chrome.. I've seen do jiggers catch kings,husky jerks,thunderstick jr. Even glow meps spinners off the pier.. Best choice is one you can cast a LONG ways out..

taizer and 6667supersport like this.
  7. B.Jarvinen

B.Jarvinen

I have been wanting to try some Mepps “Long Cast” spinners but no one ever stocks them retail.

The other key detail is less the exact lure you select, and more a simpler point: keep it in the water. Chatting, snacking, changing lures every ten minutes - none of those techniques catch fish.

Some nice upwelling in the water temps forecast this week...

skagitmaster likes this.
  8. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Shhhhhh on the ping-a-t's....

MPOW likes this.
  9. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Custom spinners are KILLER on the piers, and I mean KILLLLLLER

MPOW and 6667supersport like this.
  10. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

Still have a bunch of them in my box. Clear, pearl with sparkles are killers. Still use them on the piers, even trolling on Manistee lake.

11. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Has anyone heard of any kings being caught off a pier yet ? Was very very close to making the run this weekend with the winds they had forecasted. But decided to wait a bit, it s no fun casting the whole night and not even getting a bump.

12. tneering

tneering

In oscoda.it used to be first 2 weeks in Sept were great on pier. But I haven't gone enough to figure out the best time for ludington. Anybody have an idea as far as when's the best time? I dont mind a 2.5 he drive but I'd like to get some

13. kirkt

kirkt

Everyone has you covered with your must have spoons for salmon and I've been blessed to havcaught salmon using them all .But my 1st choice during darkness is the green and white glow Loco and then the white pearl prism during daylight and the blue and silver as well killer spoon feed my family many great meals because of the loco .My pier fishing partner calls me Mr.Loco. Good luck Get a couple of all the mentioned spoons and go hit the pier and.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

salmon_slayer06 and MPOW like this.
  14. kirkt

kirkt

20200802_140432.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

15. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Locos are good stuff too.

MPOW likes this.