Pics from Outdoorama

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by J Eberhart, Mar 11, 2018.

1. hunterrep

hunterrep

If I were the sole hunter on my property I would consider it too. On the other hand as I get older, I become less comfortable climbing straight up and down. Not sure why, I stay in shape and it isn't hard, it just makes me uncomfortable for some reason.
    That makes sense being able to hunt with your youngsters that way.
    To each his own, I have nothing against how anybody wants to set up. As long as they are safe, comfortable and happy that's all that matters.

smith34 likes this.
  2. Dish7

Dish7

I've noticed the same thing the last few years. Must be an age related thing. Before you know it I'll be in all ladder stands...ugh.

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Same thing here. I don't care for heights anymore and I have a hard time climbing.

4. thill

thill

An effective and affordable alternative to a kestrel.

I own both but prefer the kestrel for its safety.

5. smith34

smith34

That is where I am at, right now....sole hunter 99% of the time. I am not sure if the girls will ever want to hunt, but, if they do, I will have the plan for them to be out there. I hear you on the aging thing, I am young enough that this is a good option yet, but old enough to realize what my body has been telling me, now, vs 10 years ago, and realistic enough to know the drop off curve is steeper falling, but, hey, if QDMAman can still use a saddle, I’ve got a good 40-50 years ahead of me yet in one! LOL

6. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

....or more! :cool:

smith34 and jr28schalm like this.
  7. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

It was fun "hangin" out with you, if only briefly, this weekend in Ohio John, enjoyed your seminar as well. Bobby Boswell (Boudreaux on saddlehunter.com) is a class act as well and it was fun getting to know him and hearing about his "profession". :cool:

jr28schalm likes this.