close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Permit success

Discussion in 'MichiganBear.com' started by mydogisscout, Jun 26, 2017.

1. buckman66

buckman66

Amasa 2nd season NR 14pts

Sprytle likes this.
  2. chuckinduck

chuckinduck

No luck in red oak with 7. My buddy didn't get his DI tag either and I think he was on 14 or 15.

3. Bucky81

Bucky81

15 points for next season.

Sprytle, Nostromo and BVW like this.
  4. Ron Evilsizer

Ron Evilsizer

Didn't draw in baraga second hunt with one pt.

5. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

I wonder how long it would take someone to draw a drummond tag if they started from scratch this year maybe 20 or 25 years? Im not sure how much competition there is for the tag but i seem to remember it taking quite a few less points than 15 in the past. I will have to look up the draw stats.

6. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

According to the statistics in 2013 the winner of the draw had 12 points, this year they gave out 5 tags and its took 16 points for a guaranteed draw and 1 person out of 14 got drawn with 15 points. Looks like it will be a no go for those tags again next year unless you have 16pts, as of now atleast 13 applicants do. Even then your chances arnt great. Itll take 17pts for a guaranteed draw next year.

7. chuckinduck

chuckinduck

Put it this way. Last time I drew was 8 years ago for red oak when I had 7pts but I was originally waiting for Drummond. When the tunnel didn't appear to be getting any brighter I pulled the plug and just took a red oak tag. I am now going into this next draw with 8pts and still wouldn't have drawn for there. It's getting ridiculous.

johnnie555 likes this.
  8. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

Yes it is i was going over the stats again a minute ago. I am also going for a red oak tag next year with 8 points and if everyone that applied last year with 7pts applys this year 8pts will not be a guarantee in red oak anymore, although the odds will be pretty decent of being drawn. Im going for UP draws after i get my red oak tag.

chuckinduck likes this.
  9. road trips

road trips

Drew Baldwin tag with 14pts

10. Jack77

Jack77

First bear tag draw ever for me. Newberry second season.

Sprytle likes this.
  11. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

16pts. Been holding out for Drummond a very long time and next year may be the year I apply. Have done a lot of baiting for others, and myself back in the day, but never participated in a hound hunt. If I can find the right folks with dogs I think I will pull the trigger in 2018. Pun intended. FM

12. Steve Maddox

Steve Maddox

My Bro in Law and I got one for the Baldwin Unit we had 13 point going into the draw.

jr28schalm, Sprytle and MISTURN3 like this.
  13. Bucky81

Bucky81

Back in the day when I was young and single the hope was to draw for Drummond Island and do everything myself. Now i'm married and have 2 young kids. I will apply next year for the Baldwin Unit and hire a guide to do all the prep for me. Spare time is very limited. Good luck to all those who have drawn for this season.

MISTURN3 and Sprytle like this.
  14. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Good luck Bucky81 there are several of us hoping for next year - gonna take 13 points most likely unless they raise the permit limit......for those who are hunting it this year - cant wait for pics - i know first hand whats out there.......just chomping at the bit for next year as well. trail cam pics from friends are already trickling in and another year without a permit....thats ok - that means they are only gonna get bigger lol

Sprytle likes this.