Permethrin

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Fishsmith85, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Fishsmith85

Fishsmith85

Has anyone on here tried permethrin insect repellent for clothing. Thinking of buying some to spray on my tent, clothes and maybe even my boat carpeting when I'm fishing in the UP. I've read that it's supposed to be good and last a while all while being less toxic than formulas with deet, but I've been tricked before. Thanks.

2. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

Good stuff it keeps the ticks away. I bought it in a quart bottle the last time I bought it.

3. REG

REG

I like the fact that it not only repels, but kills ticks. Death to all ticks! As you probably know, just don't put it on your skin.

4. Fishsmith85

Fishsmith85

Thanks for the replies I think I'm going to get some tomorrow. I've had 3 ticks bite into me this year so it's time to try something different.

5. pryorhunt

pryorhunt

Why would you want to put something on your tent, where you sleep; your clothes, what you wear next to your skin; or anything else that your skin will come in contact with, when its so dangerous that you shouldn't put it on your skin? Buy a Thermacell, you can't be them! We have been using one, placed on our boat seat, up in our tree stands, sitting on our picnic tables..... for years and they work!

6. Fishsmith85

Fishsmith85

I ended up buying a thermacell for the tent and it worked great but for hiking I went with the permethrin. Just wanted something that would be better for situations where I was moving around. It's definitely not 100% safe but it's a safer alternative to deet.