Perch?

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by kdx1980, Aug 5, 2020.

1. kdx1980

kdx1980

parents are in town, Today looks like the only day there is not an east wind during their stay step dad has been dying to go perch fishing. Just wondering if i should go out of Sterling or Bolles? I welcome comments from anyone who has been out lately. PM's are welcome too!

Thanks in advance, I will post a report when i return if information is pm'd i will not give location in report.

Thanks,

Ralph Smith and marty59 like this.
  2. LITTLECLEO

LITTLECLEO

SSP out in front of Fermi by Ohio line or 1 n 2 buoy in front of Raisin River would be a good starting pt,go bck a few threads,a few peeps pickin away at them,good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

marty59 likes this.

3. jakeo

jakeo

I would be out of Bolles as we speak but have a chance to go see Dad at Nursing facility...........perchin must wait but GOOD LUCK.
    I heard no matter where you fish, keep hooks on the bottom.

Hook and Ladder and marty59 like this.
  4. paintermaster

paintermaster

we got some near e bouy last sat but then a storm cut us short i think we would have done ok

marty59 and milanmark like this.
  5. gunrod

gunrod Mods

About three dozen boats out front of the mansion not moving today. I don’t know how they did but didn’t see a lot of movement. Us, 2 eyes and a bunch of shorts but I have a dentist appointment so we had to leave.

NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.
  6. butter13

butter13

The sticky above shows two e-cans and their coordinates. Is the e-Bouy one of them?

7. the roofer

the roofer

The e bouy is in Michigan..it’s the East buoy for sailboats to race around..

jakeo and butter13 like this.
  8. kdx1980

kdx1980

So here is my report started in front of Fermi, in 24ft, no bites, moved to 1 and 2 and got a few, then on the way to ebuoy saw a small back and fished 20 minutes, no perch. went to Ebuoy (water was pretty green)fished another 20 min, no perch. Went back to 1 and 2 and picked away at them ended up with 26 for 5 hours of fishing between 2 guys. Couldn't have asked for a better day though as far as conditions.

Bigbass201 and Ralph Smith like this.
  9. kdx1980

kdx1980

going to try again on Saturday

10. Fish Tracker1

Fish Tracker1

Took my son-in-law fishing yesterday. Bought minnows, but started early enough to put a few hours in trolling for walleye. Went to Fermi in 22-25 fow, trolled harnesses at about 1.7 and caught 9 keepers and 4 shorts from 8:45 to 11:15. Then tried to find perch. Went to a spot north of 1 & 2 where I got them last week - nada. I've never seen the water that clear at this location. It looked like Lake Michigan. Went to the area east of 1 & 2 in a small pack of boats - nada - and everyone I spoke with there had one or none. Went south to a pack near E buoy (I think...never actually saw the buoy) and two of us caught 52 perch from about 1 to 4. Not fast, but fairly steady. From what I saw and experienced yesterday - I'd stay south (E Buoy and sough) for perch.

11. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Man you guys are making it tough.Walleye or perch first.Nice report,thanks.

12. butter13

butter13

Going to go for both tomorrow and bringing a couple of tube jigs for smallies too!

jstfish48162 likes this.