Perch skin....

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by BFG, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I
    I use the tartar for my fries more than my fish too. Lol

A little lemon or some malt vinegar. Mmmmm

Fish is a delicate and delicious flavor that can be paired with so many things to make it an almost unforgettable experience.

I wish someone would come make some for when I get back from hunting later. I don’t care if the skin is on or not, I will be forever grateful. :D

Papa Liver likes this.
  2. real duckhead

real duckhead

Red worms from not enough ice or none in cooler only time I saw them. Tarter sauce homemade really never use it like I say malt vinegar most of time for eyes nutten on perch. mayo sweet relish and Worchester garlic squeeze of lemon for the company not all about you guys. Sometimes the women or kids gotta have it tarter sauce that is

sureshot006 and Papa Liver like this.

3. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Yep I always end up making tartar sauce but it's always cause my wife or kid want it.

4. David Mackinder

David Mackinder

You can not beat a electric knife for any size or kind of fish. First the the whole fish down to the tail,flip the fillet over and skin. No meat loss.Very easy.

Lake Boy and sureshot006 like this.
  5. 50incher

50incher

It's all in the taste buds, lol....ate many just fried, yum yum....but I like a good tarter sauce and cocktail sauce too, just like for shrimp....mix it up is what I like....it's like A1 on steak, good or bad ? lol....

I wouldn't be surprised if 5 years from now "they" find some "good" quality to fish skin, lol....and then again, maybe not so much, lol ??....

For sale, skin adds weight, but I still believe it tastes better....what the hell, by now I should be dead from polluted fish :p....cheers....

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. Jiw275

Jiw275

For sale skin on allows one to identify the fish.

7. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

Kinda reminds me of fat or no fat on steaks (or any meat). Wife will cut all fat off while I keep it on (for flavor). Even crispy bacon vs. floppy bacon. All just personal preference.

8. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

Flaccid bacon sucks lol. And gotta have fat on a steak!

9. BFG

BFG

Interesting that many who claim to not need tartar sauce are seasoning their breading. What's the difference? I don't season the flour or panko, but I use tartar sauce that I make myself w/ Miracle Whip, sweet relish/gherkins, onion, Franks, and yellow mustard.

Still..no skin on perch for me. :) (and I never order fish in a restaurant, as my wife once said to me "if you are going to buy fish, why do you need all that fishing equipment?")

Papa Liver likes this.
  10. sureshot006

Breading is like salt and pepper on a steak. Its a given.

11. WALLEYE MIKE

WALLEYE MIKE Staff Member Mods

When I pan fry I dust with plain flour. No seasoning or tartar sauce used.
    Wife make tartar sauce for herself. Miracle whip with dill relish.

sureshot006 likes this.
  12. ErieH2O

ErieH2O

Bacon is best served only heated up, it’s already cooked. Crispy bacon is for salads at pizza.

13. 50incher

50incher

Ahhh, pan frying vs deep frying, skin on vs skin off....a 100 ways either way, lol....I'm still trying new ways....have at least 2 dry mix's :dizzy: spell in the cupboard I have yet to try....and 1/2 butter & 1/2 olive oil in a pan with panko/flour & dill ?....pretty goood....

My bottom line top 2 would be Drakes and good old crushed Saltine crackers with Old Bay, then tarter ! lol....with skin on....a good tarter is a topic of it's own, that's how important it can be, lol....I would love to eat fish from 400 years ago to just see if I could detect anything, lol probably not, but I would feel way better/safer ?....ehhhh....whats the point?....

Do I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs ? :yikes:....nope !....cheers....

sureshot006 likes this.
  14. sureshot006

hot sauce!

50incher likes this.
  15. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

Sorry but that’s incorrect. Your typical bacon is raw. There’s smoked and cured bacon but even that has to be brought to a certain temp.