Perch Prospecting

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by eucman, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Tough bite for us in the Moot

Kept 8 and a decent pike

2. Fishbroker1

Fishbroker1

We were going to try it this morning early but chickened out with the cold and the wind. How was it out there?

3. JigkHead

JigkHead

This evening was really nice out. Lake was like glass

I went in the south channel. Caught lots of perch but none that I can really brag about... I went out to the old light house and caught nothing but throwbacks. I’m not sure where the hell the decent ones went lol

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

eucman and NEW HUDSON WALT like this.
  4. Shlack

Shlack

I was out yesterday morning by the shipping channel where the river goes in. We moved a lot and never really found a decent bite. We ended up with about 20 perch, maybe 5 were small keepers. The rest were way too small to keep, but my son likes to give me a challenge so we kept them for dinner tonight. I think it is a dads right of passage to have to filet 5 inch perch... My son got also got sheephead which was a lot of fun. We didn't have minnows, only worms. Not sure it would have mattered though, there were a decent number of boats working the area and everyone looked like they were searching not catching.

5. blue82

blue82

Forgot to set my alarm this morning and completely missed my window. But I will be on the hunt this week and will post a report.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6. KI Jim

KI Jim

Maybe in the bellies of all the muskies?

7. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Hit GPYC today....SSW @ 15+ made it lumpy. Burned 3 scoops to box 9 fish. About every 10th fish was a keeper. Queens side of the ditch.

Had a 1st for me... had a triple of all 8" fish and lost all of em before I could swing em in the boat!

Was that kind of day....

8. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Dam, the odds of that happening.

salmonslammer likes this.
  9. Logburner1

Logburner1

We got a triple header of 4 to 5" fish friday evening. Fishing is good, some beautiful fish being caught. Lots of sorting, tons of 5 6 7 inch fish. Catching them as small as 3 and 4. Looks like it can be good for some years to come.

10. JigkHead

JigkHead