Perch palooza 2020

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by Carpenter Bill, Jul 24, 2020.

1. tenpointbuck

tenpointbuck

Got to the pack off stoney 24 fow around 11 must have been an early bite 2 in first 45 min. Moved out another mile to 27 and it was steady action next 2 hours 2 of us boxed 45 keepers. NO WHITE PERCH very few dinks and 2 sheeps great day on the water see you next year time to focus on deer hunting

2. MPOW

MPOW

7.5 light action? ACC Stix look very cool!!! want me one even though i dont need

3. shackman

shackman

So I tried perch tacos tonight. Had never had fish tacos before except in Juneau, AK last year. I fried them up in Louisiana brand seasoned coating (I normally use Ritz crackers), corn tortillas fried crispy, cole slaw (minus dressing), chopped green onions, and Hidden Valley "special sauce". I've got to tell you, they were delicious. I'd say better than the plain old fried perch, bluegill, or walleye I normally make. I'm definitely going to have them again (and again, and again).

CaptainD, biggieg5, BBBYpsi and 3 others like this.
  4. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

Nice,gonna hate myself for not getting out this week,but Goose hunting , work, ,food plots perch in freezer from 2017 and old age seem to get in the way;lol. Fish Taco or 3 would be good with my coffee.

Carpenter Bill likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman

try sweet chili sauce blended in with the slaw and onions. Add a little pepper. Really takes fish tacos up a notch. Pretty much stole the recipe from the Black Pearl bar/restaurant in Ann Arbor when my son worked there

6. terrylee86

terrylee86

The taco truck in Petoskey used candied jalapeños, just a little bit, and I have a jar on order from Amazon. Nice little kick, like the cabbage over the lettuce too.

Carpenter Bill likes this.
  7. onebad800

onebad800

Yes we are finishing setting few stands up north today will be able to fish tomorrow but looks too windy unless that changes I’ll be checking

8. rs2

rs2

So true about presentation Roofer. Wednesday I had to hold rod very still with braided line and 1oz sinker and Perchpounder barely touching bottom to feel bites. 2-3 nibbles and set hook. Almost always the fish was on the hook off sinker. Other rod in holder no fish. 1/2 minnow only. Other boats around weren’t catching much. I caught 45.

Attached Files:

the roofer likes this.
  9. Fishndude

Fishndude

That sounds fantastic. Instead of using "dry" cole slaw, try shaving/shredding some cabbage, and squeeze lime juice onto it, and then let it sit to "wilt" a little bit. So good on fish tacos.

shackman and terrylee86 like this.
  10. the roofer

the roofer

Tough grind towards the end of the day..but coming in with are 100 775BD15E-4C83-48C6-9529-ABD3D31DF539.jpeg

11. kdx1980

kdx1980

rs2 likes this.
  12. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Nice job.I didnt make it out.Buddy bailed at last minute.How was the conditions?

13. Fish King

Fish King

3 of us got 50, wasn't best day but will take it. Was my last trip for weeks. Time to chase bambi Screenshot_20200918-064508.png

Divers Down, Vortex, BFG and 4 others like this.
  14. the roofer

the roofer

Beautiful till the end then she got rolling..u could of called me and jumped on..

Lake Boy likes this.
  15. sylvan19

sylvan19

Very nice!!!