close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Perch limit to 25 statewide!!

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by Ralph Smith, Apr 15, 2018.

1. TheCrawdad

TheCrawdad Premium Member

Wow. Not sure why you might feel like that.. Some guys fish every day, some of us only get to go once in a while. The guys that fish every day catch more per year. Whatever. Life goes on. Get out and get yours.

Howard Baumann and Ralph Smith like this.
  2. eyepod

eyepod

Eye donate fish to the local soup kitchen all the time. Them folks that need to eat there,have no way to go out and catch there own fish.. They like fish also..

3. birdhntr

birdhntr

And surely no one has ever eaten your fish.Sharing is caring.Food is a universal language when it comes to communication and connection beyond all barriers.So Mom prepares your favorite dish but then says you want it do it yourself?Our maybe an Aunt says make your own Jam or bread.I have a daughter that loves and looks forward to a game or fish dinner that's prepared just for her.It gives her comfort knowing she is loved through the food I prepared especially for her along with the bag of venison she takes with.I'll take selflessness over selfish any day.

4. Dave636

Dave636

Please reconsider this thought.

Ralph Smith likes this.
  5. swampbuck

swampbuck

Just a thought. If we are allowed 2 limits in possession. Is someone who don't have a license allowed that also......if they don't have a license can they possess any ?

6. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

No license, no possession.

Overall the 25 vs 50 debate doesn’t seem to impact many of us. I believe reducing to 25 will have the smallest impact on the perch population of all the things we could do.

Howard Baumann and TK81 like this.
  7. Big Skip

Big Skip

Man my grandparents are really living on the edge when I give them fish for dinner! So is it legal for them to posses a bag of fished purchased from the greedy netters? If so and they can't legally posses the bag I gave them, that is messed up and so typical for our society.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

8. swampbuck

swampbuck

I am an inland fisherman anyways. My post yesterday was just sharing info from a bio.

25 limit and 7"msl has worked to increase aversize in lakes with a zebra mussel problem.

Just saying that whoever proposed it may be trying to help, not hurt fishermen

Howard Baumann likes this.
  9. wicklundrh

wicklundrh Premium Member

Howard Baumann, TK81 and Josh R like this.
  10. Junto beans

Junto beans

If the fish has been gifted to them they are ok!

11. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

That is correct. Another key point is when we as sportsmen share with those in need wheather its giving fish to a local shelter or the sportmen against hunger program. In my humble opinion, those efforts are what greatly protect our future. Remember nine out of ten people in this state dont hunt or fish. Our image and the good that we do is what i hope will save the day. It sure the hell doesnt hurt.

12. Bighunther

Bighunther

13. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Yes, I already took the survey when it came in my email.

What did you think of the questions, as several seemed, should I say strange?

14. GettinBucky

GettinBucky

I don't think that what this poster said was intended to get everyones panties in a bunch. maybe I am wrong....

What I took from this statement is that the desire for someone wanting to donate a portion of thier catch or to feed thier friends and family for an event should have no weight on the decision to change perch limits. I think it is great that someone does that, I have donated fish myself, but my desire to do so should have no bearing on the limits I can take.

I got the fish survey from the DNR today and it has already been filled out....I'm not against the reduction of the limit although I think 25 is a little low, 35 sounds like a good #. But, no way in h-ll should we sport fisher's take another reduction in limit when Serafin is still netting Perch in the Bay. They pulled a fast one on everyone and that needs to be delt with first..... And yes, in the survey I let the DNR know EXACTLY how I felt about that situation!!!!!

15. windmaker

windmaker

I got the survey also this morning and filled it out and did fill out comment as I was concerned about the “ranking” question concerning economic opportunity. All for increased recreational fishing and less commercial take.