Perch Bite

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by Tony Goodroe, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Tony Goodroe

Tony Goodroe

Hey Guys,
    Have not heard any updated news about the perch bite on LSC. Any updates available?

2. JigkHead

JigkHead

Hit the south channel the other day. Decent amount of perch but not a lot of keepers. They seem pretty shut down right now. I think water temp dropping rapidly slows them down

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. Gofish0619

Gofish0619

was out yesterday and this morning in front of the two houses with red roofs that is just north of the GPYC.16 ft of water. One man limit each day. 4hrs first day 3hrs this morning. Group of boats further out in front of Art Vans don't know how they did. Had to sort out quite a few to get mine. Fish were full of snails and crayfish. Have had better luck fishing in the grass not tall weeds. Good Luck !

https://imgur.com/U4BFd5C

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Remington, eucman, zfishin and 4 others like this.
  4. GATEKEEPER

GATEKEEPER

My father and I went out today. Last minute trip he called on his way to marina and we went. Got two man limit from 2 to 5pm. 18 1/2 feet of water out near shipping channel. All on minnows and 90% of them on 1 foot off bottom. Using crappie rig with #2 Aberdeen hooks and anchored. We kept some smaller one cause they swallowed the hook but some were nice size. About 15 were 10 to 12 inch. Even got a huge smallie.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. Anthonydaslayer

Anthonydaslayer

What area near the shipping Channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

6. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

Hopefully Ontario guys descimate the cormorants I'm hearing good things it's about time someone did something

7. Mike Welicki

Mike Welicki

If we had a cormorant open season here too, that would help out the perch fishing as well. Their main diet is perch. I saw a picture of one of them with the belly cut opened, and he was just filled with baby perch. At least a hundred of them the way it looked, and that was only one of those useless birds.

8. 6667supersport

6667supersport

I would be willing to bet if they opened a cormorant season here, quite a few fisherman would take up bird hunting :lol: