People everywhere!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 3, 2020.

1. swampbuck

swampbuck

We have had a lot of visitors to Roscommon county all summer. People just wanted to get away from the covid issues

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

November Sunrise likes this.
  2. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

One of the bigger bucks I have seen on my place was laying about 30 ft from my quad when I came up for lunch later last season. I guess he knew where I wasn't sitting.

3. on a call

on a call

You only think they cannot read. I bet they are only acting dumb. ;)

4. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

Shot a buck last year in TC state forest. 3 miles from the nearest corn field but his gut was chock full of corn. Riddle me that!

5. Former grunt

Former grunt

Seen alot more guys put this week in gratiot county, talked to a group of them opening morning, this was their first year out there hunting, one guy said it was cool that you could leave stands out and they wouldn't get stolen. I advised against that. So far I haven't had anyone set up close to me except for one guy but he couldn't see me through the thick brush.

6. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

:yeahthat:

sureshot006 likes this.
  7. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

My brother has been having a hard time near us.. everytime he sets up in the dark light shows and there's guy's near him. Left his heated vest stashed in the woods where he "thought" it'd be ok. Nope, gone..

on a call likes this.
  8. Chessieman

Chessieman

Yea, but you guys down there have only so much state swamp land to hunt! Good luck down there. it's thick!

9. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

If you leave it in the woods somebody's gonna pick it up.

10. DM90

DM90

I good dose of cold weather usually sends all of the tennis shoe hunters home...at least thats what I'm hoping for. Saw zero trucks when I drove to my spot on saturday morning and counted 4-6 trucks on the side of a half mile long road on my way out. I usually don't see that many until gun season. A lot of the areas I have hunted for years have really exploded with traffic during bow season ever since the crossbows became legal. Most of my friends who use them never bow hunted because they said they didn't like all of the prep work and practice that went into it, but now with crossbows they have doubled their time to be in the woods.

11. sniper

sniper

My area is swamped with human activity for all the wrong reasons. Windmill farm going up right through my township. Semi trucks and workers everywhere! It’s a total clusterf#&$!....Deer hunters nightmare. Here’s the view from my stand Friday morning at 730 am. Workers on my property line tying in an electrical box 70 yds away. I was out of the tree by 9.. Here’s another pic of our lease with giant windmill parts laying right in the middle of the soy bean field. Our October may be a wash. 62333202983__ABE4CF0D-AD26-4083-B1BB-F79EE4AE7D43.JPG IMG_1758.JPG IMG_1759.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

12. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Well that sucks.

vsmorgantown likes this.
  13. zimmzala

zimmzala Premium Member

Back in 2007 I had pretty much free reign at the Maple River State game area. I have watched the numbers of hunters blow up over the years and this year is the worst yet. I haven't been out yet but I drive through there on my way home from work, on opening day there was not a parking area that didn't have a vehicle in it and some had multiple its just crazy. The worst part is there are stands everywhere and half of them are up year round. As a saddle hunter I cant' "claim" a spot like those throw up multiple stands in different areas.

14. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

No one owns those spots, they are open for all of us to hunt.

15. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I think it great more people are getting back into outdoor activities. I don't care if it hunting (anything), hiking, fishing, offroading or just going for a cruise. I love it.

Nothing makes me happier than to see a family out doing any of those and enjoying themselves. It is the right way to grow up. Just the things you learn, observe and enjoying yourself and each other.

GTFO of the city.

As far hunting, my area isn't much different yet it seems. But I don't mind pressure either, keep the deer on their toes.