People everywhere!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 3, 2020.

1. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

I about puke when I see them salmon dragged over the parking lot to there cars. Nasty

2. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

The steps at tippy get all slimy and stink because of them. Those folks think they got something there lol. Rotten fish, Mmm. Na I'm good.

Sparky23, DM90, Former grunt and 2 others like this.

3. beer and nuts

beer and nuts

This weekend is combo of color tour, opener of nlp duck, first weekend of bow season, good small game weekend and great off road activities. Good for businesses. Too many expect the worst, when 99% are having a great time.

4. beer and nuts

beer and nuts

Dirtysteve sounds like your describing Geels area!?

5. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

One of my stops wasnt too far from geels trailhead as the crow flies. Draw a 20 mile radius around geels and that was where I spent most of my day. Ventured into ausable state forrest alot too. People everywhere.

6. Nitro225Optimax

Nitro225Optimax

Very crowded unlike the last 10 years on the public land we hunt. Scouting new spots ourselves for backups.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

7. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Very busy in my squirrel spots yesterday as well. I have a "route" of stops and just moved from one to another until I shot the two I was after. It was "Squirrel #6" on my GPS. The route where I was only had eight spots so I was worrying for a while but I knew it would work out as usual. It pays to have a good plan if you hunt small game during bow season. It sure was busy out...

Glock1911 likes this.
  8. dinoday

dinoday

Last year I saw 2 people opening weekend of bow and nobody after that.
    Last night I didn't just see no one, it didn't look like anyone had even been around except small game hunters a few days ago. No recent tracks from anyone,no tire tracks in the parking lot.
    I hope I keep getting lucky.

9. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Some some guys hauling some salmon out this week that were so far gone I wondered if they picked them up off the streambank. Half white and nasty. Can't believe some people eat em like that.

10. LG1

LG1

With Covid and the increase of sales the deer will take a beating this year on private and public. Plus crops should come off early unless wet weather moves in.

11. 28hotshot

28hotshot

Shot a doe Thursday in lapeer county that was full of corn. And from a direction where there are no cornfields?

Then get a call from the neighbor saying he seen a big one with a crossbow bolt broke off in it.

Was up in kalkaska area this weekend on a 2 track and a guy was sitting 10 ft off of the 2 track and 40 yards up the road was his red pickup. Thought the guy needed help. He was at least wearing orange

12. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Back home to Michigan, Van Buren and Iosco
    I was at my property in Iosco three weeks ago, same weekend as youth hunt. Saw a ladder stand, pop up and a huge bait pile less than 50 yds off my back property line, never seen them there before and I check that line every year because I don't know that neighbor. Now I'm really curious. At least they are on their side, for now at least..

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

13. trucker3573

trucker3573

Biggest deer I have ever seen in the wild was right in the vicinity of 75N and big beaver. Good luck hunting in the city though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. skipper34

skipper34

We were in NELP opener til today. We saw a total of 1 other bow hunter. Public land.

Sam22, DM90 and Fool'em like this.
  15. swampbuck

swampbuck

We have had a lot of visitors to Roscommon county all summer. People just wanted to get away from the covid issues

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app