People everywhere!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 3, 2020.

1. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Oh now i see. It is one of those PIA state land hunters who you feel is trying to hunt your deer 100 yds from your food plot.

Just for clarification what is the acceptable buffer zone you feel a state land hunter needs to keep from your property so he isnt somehow taking advantage or you and your deer herd?

2. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

This thread reminds me of a story a guy told our hunt camp as we were sitting in clear lake bar. This probably happened 2013-2014ish.

So we get to talking to to this guy and says he been hunting with a semi automatic 30-06. Anyhow he says he hunts off if so so roads”. He than adds “. Just this morning I was walking through a clear cut and I herd a round go over my head from behind” than straightfaced dead serious says “so I just turned around and cut the -06 loose “

We kinda just finished our beers and left after that.

We still talk about that guy

I’m excited for rifle season this year. More so than I have been in a while. I don’t know if being in an undeclared war zone for 2 weeks has blood pumping or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020

3. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I have been known to hunt state land, a couple dozen yards from private property. Especially when there is a plot nearby (thanks satellite view!). Why not?

The private land guy is trying to pull deer off it with his plot. The public land guy is trying to shoot the same deer going to the plot. They both have the same plan, and it is a good one. I don't see a fault in either of their thinking.

4. jiggin is livin

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Dad and I were sitting on a log once during rifle season having lunch midday. All of the sudden I hear a vibration noise, kinda like the "ziinngggg" you hear in the old western movies. Seriouly A LOT like that. I looked at Dad and he was white as a ghost, he lit a cigarette while staring in the distance and in a weird monotone voice says, "Son, it has been a lot of years since I heard that. Lets get our asses on the ground." and slid down the log to the ground, so I followed. I asked him if it was really what I thought it was and he said "F#$% yes it was." Then of course I asked if a shell going through the air REALLY sounded that way and he again confirmed. He was a little off the rest of the day, but by the time we got back to camp he got to telling me a couple stories about the first few times he had heard that noise while in the jungle. Crazy stuff man.

Weird thing was, later that night as we were talking about it, neither of us could recall hearing a shot off in the distance. He said that was the part that really F'd with his head. "It's the one you don't hear that gets ya" was always what he told me.

This was in the Huron National Forest west of Glennie. It is all hills and forest, crazy to think a bullet could travel far enough that you wouldn't hear the report through all of that, but we did!

5. DM90

DM90

He's making a joke related to the conversation about making leaving stands on public land illegal...I just want to make it known that I am all for private property rights and I could not care any less if someone who owns or has access to private property leaves their stands up. Put them in every tree possible for all I care haha! :)

Scandiacus likes this.
  6. 03a3

03a3

Yes horse people feed them year round and we have called the DNR for lights around the hunting shack at 11:00 o'clock and after with noise. So I know what I am talking about and how about all the gas station and party stores selling bate by the pallets what is up with that.

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  7. DM90

DM90

It's not illegal to SELL bait, but it is illegal to USE bait. They also have it marketed as "Animal Feed" a lot of times and not as "Deer Feed"...They are all just loop holes in the system.

kisherfisher and Howard Baumann like this.
  8. jiggin is livin

So you called the DNR on someone tracking a deer?

Gas stations sold pipes and bongs wayy before pot was legal too.....

9. Tom (mich)

Tom (mich) Premium Member

C'mon man, this thread was much more entertaining when you two were fighting, enough of this civility BS, it's boring me.

Hey, I know a guy who said that Sparky23 said your wife was fat. I wouldn't let that go unchecked if I were you....

10. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Was he drinking scotch in his stand when he said it?

11. Tom (mich)

Tom (mich) Premium Member

An anonymous source says White Claw, providing yet another reason to fight him. Probably wearing crocs too.

12. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I am surprised too see that Trigger doesn't want to share his hunting land with those that don't own hunting land.

13. jacksonmideerhunter

jacksonmideerhunter

Im surprised to see that he doesn't want to share the land he does not own with them either...

Scandiacus, Justin, DM90 and 4 others like this.
  14. jiggin is livin

Damnit! This habit of personally calling me out is getting old! :whistle::whistle:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Got em!

Former grunt, Tom (mich) and Sparky23 like this.
  15. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

I know right. Doesn't want to share state land and is dropping deuce's on unsuspecting state landers stands. What the F is going on here?

Scandiacus likes this.