People everywhere!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 3, 2020.

1. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

Found a ladder stand right on the edge of my property boundary last weekend blocking off a big deer corridor. I understand hunting good sign, but if that sign is a big funnel going onto your neighbor’s food plot, that’s a dick move in my book. Left a mushy brown surprise on his seat. Great minds think alike!

buggs, jr28schalm and Former grunt like this.
  2. mbrewer

mbrewer

Maybe he was hunting the big funnel that leads to his own property.

3. bansheejoel

bansheejoel

So let me get this straight, you’re neighbors property has the funnel that happens to go to you’re property? This said funnel happens to lead to you’re food plot?

Sounds to me like you’re the dick in this situation. Trespassing on his property and taking a **** on his stand? You sound like a real winner.....

4. mbrewer

mbrewer

:idea: Let's make a rule that you can't leave unoccupied stands on private land and this S##t won't happen anymore.

You're welcome 80% of hunters who hunt private lands.

5. Norman Kaster

Norman Kaster

Don't be surprised when Johnny law comes knocking on your door.

Ieatshrooms, bansheejoel and ryan-b like this.
  6. bansheejoel

bansheejoel

Hahahahaha good luck with that thought process. When you pay for my property and my property taxes then you would have a say. Until then.....

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Not quite understanding the logic. He cant hunt the deer before they leave his land because you are trying pull them off his land with a food plot? Are you wanting him to hunt your food plot or just not hunt anywhere your deer might travel?

Scandiacus, Justin, Sparky23 and 7 others like this.
  8. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

This seems to be escalating rather quickly.

DM90 likes this.
  9. Wally Gator

Wally Gator

Hunting lease problem solved.

10. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

The neighboring property is state land and the food plot is 100 yards back in the woods. And who’s to say a bear didn’t do his duty in a convenient tree? I highly doubt Johnny Law will investigate a lump of bear poop.

I have only one message for those who hunt boundary lines:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Former grunt likes this.
  11. 03a3

03a3

I have owned my place for 20 plus years and hunted it 10 years before that. We have big bucks here and we have had new homes built here over the past 5 years and now we are surrounded by people that think they can do what they want even cross over to other peoples property lines and hunt on edges of my property line and that my friend is ******** you should respect each other and not do that. To the east we have a tree farm that shoots every thing and to the east a neighbor that hunts after dark with a cross bow and the batting is out of hand. rant over

buggs and TriggerDiscipline like this.
  12. DM90

DM90

Sounds like a good law to me. In areas where there are high population centers and high hunter participation on public lands you should not be allowed to leave a stands or blinds out over night. It only creates disputes and disagreements between hunters (its public land and should be a clean slate for everyone). Like I said before, just adopt the rule for the Lower Peninsula or at the very least zone 3.

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  13. jacksonmideerhunter

jacksonmideerhunter

So you are angry that someone is not letting you claim the state land around your property as your own??? :nono:

14. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Since the ladder stand was on state land did it, at least, have a name on it? Also, since it's on state land and left up it's free game, go hunt it, just remember there's a dump on the platform before you put your hand on it.

15. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

How do you know that someone is hunting after dark with a xbow or that illegal baiting is happening ? Did these neighbors tell you that they were doing this ? Seems unlikely that they would bait where you could see it from your property.
    Not questioning your honestly.......just wondering how ya know.

L & O