People everywhere!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Chessieman

Chessieman

Isn't this the first year you can predator hunt out of a elevated blind or platform?

2. mbrewer

mbrewer

Thank you. Best to you as well.

DM90 likes this.

3. mbrewer

mbrewer

4. Macs13

Macs13

Just to be clear, I am not a PETA member, nor am I a "far left" anything. Politically, since sparky went there, I'm what you would call a middle of the road independent - I loved Barack Obama AND John McCain (Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt are my favorite historical presidents and they're both Republicans) and my guy for this year was Mayor Pete - a centrist military veteran from the Midwest. I suppose if labels and name calling are required for your satisfaction, that's your prerogative, but I vote based on issues, not party affiliation. To the first point, I mentioned that once, long ago as a young man, I sent a singular donation to PETA. At the time, I was unaware of their more extreme views on some stuff, including hunting policies. I would note that many of you likely support the NRA and the bulk of their work but don't necessarily agree with their more extreme stances.

Sparky, I apologize for my language toward you. My opinions are my own and I stand behind them, but I could have done my part in trying to keep the conversation civil. Good luck out there.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

5. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Does it have a 99.6% survival rate? Because we stomped the brakes on an entire economy for that! Lol

6. Waif

Waif

Now Mac , you can't give us low hangin fruit like a PETA donation. Even though your intentions in making it were good.
    Any camp or hunt it would be written on your forehead in invisible ink to tease you about.
    No that there's not stuff to tease everyone about , but in a hunting environment there's only so many easy targets of burns , because most hunters know not to reveal any potential vulnerabilities till caught in/with undeniable evidence. Which is then denied anyways....
    L.o.l..
    All in fun.

Nice to read of you being interested in civility.

dinoday, Macs13, Spartan88 and 2 others like this.
  7. jiggin is livin

I am a PETA member....

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

8. triplelunger

triplelunger

Don't sweat it, bro. I got your back...and everyone knows I'm the baddest and coolest mother f'er on this site!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

9. Waif

Waif

Tuco! (You're still worth $3000!).

LuckyBucks likes this.
  10. jiggin is livin

Lmao, I love it!

Btw, for anyone that cares, Busch light is hard AF to find in Alaska. It was the ONE downfall I could find, but PBR was everywhere, so I managed.

This is relevant, because reasons.

11. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Plenty of Genesee up there in August and as a matter of fact all 4 flavors of Genesee. Genesee Cream Ale, Genesee Light, Reg Genesee and the popular Genesee Ice.
    [​IMG]

12. triplelunger

triplelunger

I classed it up and downed some Natty Lights this weekend!
    So eskimos don't drink Busch Light?

13. jiggin is livin

No, I guess not.

But you could find Bud lite, Bud, Coors, Coors light, Miller light, MGD (most of the natives were drinking that at the couple bars we went to), and PBR. A ton of micro brews that were all awesome. I love Alaskan Brewing Icy Bay IPA, so I drank that mostly. PBR when we went out because it was like $2. Coors light was the special at one restaurant, so I drank that.

The salmon and halibut though, OMFG! IDK if I can eat salmon here anymore. I saved money on beer and spent it on food. Lol wayyyyy worth it.

To bring it full circle to be relevant to the OP, there WAS NOT people everywhere! :)

14. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

I was in Bethel Alaska for 6 months. Damp town. Couldnt buy or sell in town had to order in from brown jug. At the time. Cheapest beer was Coors. 69.99 a case natives begging at grocery store for you to buy listerine or lemon extract or lisal for them because they were on no sell list. Different world

jiggin is livin, 3X8, 6Speed and 2 others like this.
  15. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

Scandiacus, DM90 and Macs13 like this.