People everywhere!

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 3, 2020.

1. ryan-b

ryan-b

And the point of spending hours pulling stands would be...........?

jiggin is livin likes this.
  2. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

Upholding a law...but who wouldnt want to get paid to sit in there truck for hours doing nothing

jr28schalm and TriggerDiscipline like this.

3. skipper34

skipper34

Well I for one wouldn’t want to. A Conservation Officer’s job is to protect and preserve our privilege to hunt according to the law. It’s clear that you know nothing about what these public servants go through to do just that.

HUBBHUNTER2 and motdean like this.
  4. ryan-b

ryan-b

So it’s better for them to yank the stand wasting hours and getting zero in return, then wait and actually catch the violator?

5. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Or address real violations.......

6. swampbuck

swampbuck

I would hope they dont, they need to be controlling the spread of disease not encouraging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. Slimits

Slimits

What disease? So few deer have it its not even a drop in the bucket

8. sniper

sniper

So true. Even the states thats had it for 50 plus years and it’s still a drop in the bucket. But hey, we all need to fill out our panic button.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

9. Norman Kaster

Norman Kaster

I will start to get concerned about CWD when they implement the same treatment process for covid-19.... definitely share some characteristics to each other, IMO

10. Slimits

Slimits

Lol and the same hysteria over nothing too.

11. Norman Kaster

Norman Kaster

By giving the location for the CO, gives the CO a census on the hunting pressure and he/ she can come back and check to make sure things are in order, I wonder how many times a CO goes out to verify a stand and finds a convicted felon holding a weapon, or hunting with out a license, etc, food for thought.

jiggin is livin likes this.
  12. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

And why you pushing for baiting to come back.. lol..

sniper, Dish7, Sparky23 and 2 others like this.
  13. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

That is exactly what I want. And how are they doing that by sitting in a truck for hours rather than going out and doing exactly what you said? I love every time I get checked amd thank them for there job. But I have also had co's sit and wait in a parking with only me there for 4 hours just to wait and do a license check....which I have always had. There are some amazing co's out there and there are many who do what they want even if a crime is soon fed to them with a call. I hear how under manned they are but still see the same ones parked for hours year after in the same spots. I have been told to call the police by one co for multiple hi internet harrassment complaints by multiple people against the same person. Also told why dont you move to the other side of property. We pay for them to uphold if they dont want to do that then they could gladly get a job radaring the hi ighway

14. swampbuck

swampbuck

So far. But it will spread, just like it has in ever other state with CWD. How far and how fast is the question. Mature bucks have the highest prevalence, young bucks spread it through dispersal.

Its the DNR’s job to preserve and protect our natural resources, even if a percentage of people/hunters want to trade the health of that resource for a few inches of bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

DM90 and Macs13 like this.
  15. skipper34

skipper34

Sparky you have a valid point but in my mind when they are on stakeout it’s usually for a valid reason.