Pennsylvania CWD Press Conference

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by IceHog, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Yeah 25 other states biologists are wrong and yours are right.

2. Sparky23

Sparky23

Yeah I know since they've stop the spread and prevalence so well in other states. Or would you disagree with that also

3. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Feel free to post info stating that increasing buck age structure in a cwd zone is beneficial.

4. Sparky23

Sparky23

feel free to post where the things that you want done here I've worked in any other state

jr28schalm likes this.
  5. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Some states lower their overall prevalence by taking a lot of test outside of their cwd management zones. Probably time MDNR focuses their efforts in the NW 13, would be wise to see how far it has already spread. Wouldnt u agree??

6. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

MI prevalence rate is low, perfect example of kill all ages of deer works (male & female). Brown its down

Joe Archer and miruss like this.
  7. Sparky23

Sparky23

Again feel free to post where that has worked in any other state. You won't because you can't because nothing is stop the spread and the prevalence. The areas that don't have deer do the CWD are the areas that were killed off by people but the prevalence rates remain the same among the deer that are left. But since that doesn't fit your agenda you automatically lash out against it are willing to try something new because it doesn't fit your agenda and then get mad at people who you claim have an agenda. It's a giant circlewhere nobody wins and in the end CWD is everywhere where CWD has been and it's everywhere pretty much that they've tested for it because it's pretty much everywhere. shocking wasn't it that one of the first year test in Jackson county had CWD LOL oh that's right they had never tested one the previous year. must have just been luck of the draw when they found that first one right. There's no point in talking to those that are so blinded by their hatred for APR's that they're willing to do whatever they can including bringing legislature and anything they can do to stop it. Have a good day

jr28schalm likes this.
  8. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

My agenda= slow the spread of cwd. My hatred for MAPRs may become love if i read one more report on how antler restrictions arent lowering the population.

Have u ever read reports on cwd?
    Do u realize states with antler restrictions have cwd and its spreading. And yes they are removing the restrictions to lower buck age structure. These are facts, not my agenda.

So who's the blind one

motdean likes this.
  9. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Better off testing south first where deer dont belong

stickbow shooter likes this.
  10. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Dont let him fool you. He wouldnt let sharp shooters on his land even if he was subject zero for cwd

Piranha man, d_rek and Sparky23 like this.
  11. Sparky23

Sparky23

Do you realize that states without marp are also have spreading of cwd. At the same or higher rates...sooo. Who is blinded by there hatred. At least I can admit that nothing has worked.

12. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Well atleast we didnt resort to name calling!! Hopefully the winter remains mild so those cwd spreading bucks are in good shape come spring. Take it easy Spark

jr28schalm and Sparky23 like this.
  13. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

You are on the right track with the idea that "Spread" and "Prevalence" are separate issues. Lowering population densities in positive areas slows the increase in prevalence rates. Not protecting yearling bucks helps with containment inside positive areas.
    I don't think that you can show me one example where a state has reduced population density without protecting yearling bucks. You HAVE to do both...
    ... Michigan won't,
    just as other states have not.
    <----<<<

sureshot006 and motdean like this.
  14. Sparky23

Sparky23

that's the thing that many aren't understanding no states have slowed or stopped either the prevalence or the spread by protecting or killing bucks does or anything. nothing has worked so why do we want to go down the same path as every state. Again for those who don't seem to comprehend nothing has worked if we adopt the same theories and protocols as every state then we're just going down the same path as every state. The only places in the nation that have a noticeable impact from CWD are the places that have killed is many deer and an area as they can and in those areas the prevalence rates stay the same while the number of deer stop it does not slow the spread it does not stop the prevalence from going up. out west this is been here since I believe it's the mid-60s it was probably there since the mid 1860s in the mid 1760s we just didn't test for but those states that found it first guess what they still have a deer herd. I know you may not mind hunting in an area where you can go five sets without seeing a deer you're in the extreme minority Joe what would happen if they came in and wiped out your deer herd to where you did not see a deer? I know you might not mind that but you want to see hunting or numbers go down even more than they are right now try wiping out the deer herd and see what happens

sniper and Piranha man like this.
  15. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

The point is nothing has worked BECAUSE no one has reduced population densities AND killed off a significant number of yearling bucks.
    Look at Michigan as an example. Many areas of the SLP have population densities in the 100's per square mile, and most private land owners manage for an older buck age structure.
    Wisconsin used the same blueprint.
    I am not saying to decimate the herd to the numbers in my area. Still, 20 deer per square mile would not be a bad goal.
    <----<<<

swampbuck likes this.