Payment methods

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by The Nailer, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Let me begin by saying I am NOT asking about values or who to sell through. My question regards acceptable safe payment methods. What is the best form of payment for selling something on one of the many sites offered in the beginning of this forum? If cash is best how do you know if it's real. Another question along the same line is if it is a local sale where would you meet the potential buyer for a safe transaction? I have never sold anything of this nature and am very unsure of what normal procedures are. Thanks for any help offered.

2. fanrwing

fanrwing

Many police stations allow for sales to be completed there. Call first.

antlerhunter and ESOX like this.

3. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Yep. Cash at the cop shop. Personal checks? If you are my Mother. Certified check? Nope, had fraudulent ones before. Same with money orders. Cash or go away.

fanrwing likes this.
  4. Magnet

Magnet

Cash is king.
    Police station parking lot is a safe place for a transaction. Some police stations actually have designated parking areas for this type of thing.

Another good option is a gas station parking lot. There are usually cameras everywhere.... which is a good deterant for the evil doers.

5. junkman

junkman

Cash at the police station.One other form of payment I like is silver or gold bullion.But most don't deal in metals so cash work just fine.

ESOX and Aaronjeep2 like this.
  6. Thanks for the replies, that was what I was thinking. The only issue I have are the two that I am selling should bring around $2000 each and that makes me nervous

7. fanrwing

fanrwing

Bring an armed friend.

8. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Do it at a local gun shop and you pay for the background check. I’ve dont that many of times and gives you piece of mind.

petronius likes this.
  9. That's good idea never thought of that, Thanks for the tip. Do you pay a % of the sale price for them to allow that and do the background check?

10. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Transfer background check is usually 35 bucks give or take.