Patiences is a Virtue

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by walleyerick, Nov 7, 2016.

1. walleyerick

walleyerick

1105162029a.jpg Shot this buck Saturday night. I first saw him at about 80 in the tags making quite the ruckus. He was rubbing and making a scrape. I hit the grunt tube and that seemed to make him more upset. Then just before dark, 2 does came into the food plot and he wasnt to far behind them. 18 yard shot and after very little blood, we found him about 70 yards away. Im glad I stuck it out because about an hour before he showed up, my neighbors wife and her friends were out joy riding in the side by side and actually drove through my food plot. At this time of year you never know I guess.

Namrock, TJD, vsmorgantown and 14 others like this.
  2. Bomba

Bomba

3. walleyerick

walleyerick

He had a broken left leg which caused his right antler to form a little awkwardly. Think he was 3 and a half, dressed at 163 lbs.

4. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Very nice - Congrats WalleyeRick.

5. jmaddog8807

jmaddog8807

Very nice. This is something I tell my brother, my best hunting partner, and myself all the time, PATIENCE. I think there is another post below this one that talks about "10 seconds". All you need is a very short time for everything to come together and make your hunting season a success. If you aren't in the woods, you definitely cannot kill a deer. Especially right now in November, you just never know what could happen! Put the time in, and it just may pay off.

6. BUCK/PIKE

BUCK/PIKE

7. old graybeard

old graybeard

Neat looking rack. Congrats!