Passed the Buck 2020

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Walt Donaldson, Oct 26, 2020.

1. T Brown

T Brown

57434DB1-DC57-4900-8113-FEC0254CFC39.jpeg 5903E83A-A1A7-4A6D-BAE6-2CE4BACAFF00.jpeg F0133CBB-2391-43AA-AB0E-96848CA4F295.jpeg
    Easy now!! We aren’t all married to our second cousin!!!

Attached Files:

ckosal, jonnyb, Yohann and 26 others like this.
  2. Trap Star

Trap Star Premium Member

Agreed. Come to north east cass. Im on a dirt road 30 min each direction from "town" as we call it.

3. Whopper 24

Whopper 24

upload_2020-10-26_21-36-38.jpeg
    Not a picture from phone as I let him walk, but gave this young 10 a pass Thursday evening.

4. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams

Awesome thread & pics...!

5. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

6. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

MTC_0071.JPG

This one got a pass Saturday morning at first shooting light. I call him Chong (3.5) There's another 7 pt (4.5) that I call Cheech who's on at least one of my cameras every night around 10:00. Cheech won't get a pass.

JPWARD, Vortex, jeffm and 16 others like this.
  7. Plumbgranny

Plumbgranny

Nice! If I saw either of these characters during Muzzy season and I didn't have a buck yet, they'd go "Up in Smoke". ;)

8. mbrewer

mbrewer

More and more I'm putting "names" on some of the bucks I'm tracking but I've been leaning towards the funny to me but still descriptive names kinda like your Cheech and Chong.

The 2 that have names this year are His Royal Fatness and the latest Johnny Angel. Named him after the song because he's special and I love him and the lyrics are hysterically appropriate. :lol:

9. deerehunter

deerehunter

I love these threads. I second guess myself everytime I pass and when I see bucks on these threads bigger than what I passed it puts my mind at ease.
    Keep em comin!!

10. deerehunter

deerehunter

My contribution from this season so far. Had him within range for a while first week of the season. This particular night there were 13 bucks in the field and 5-6 were borderline shooters. He was the smallest of those 5-6. Pic makes him look more impressive than he is.
    buck.jpg

11. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

A lot of guys think "naming" them is silly, and it may be, but I don't care.
    When you're building history with a buck naming them just adds to the fun and, I've discovered, many that follow along with me and the bucks I'm building history with come to really enjoy and anticipate what these bucks develop in to. Slim is a good example with the 5 years of pics I have of him since his first antlers.

12. sniper

sniper

Lol. Not all T! My father has lived in Hillsdale since 1989 and we have hunted the county since the early 70’s. I can honestly say I’ve never observed so many unique people in all my life. Lol

Those are nice buck passes by the way. I like your style. Good luck this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

13. SAVChippewa04

SAVChippewa04

This has got to be a private land thing, most of those are all nice legal deer and would be in my freezer, or jerky by now. But, keep passing them, they just might wander under my stand on public, and trust me, I will be sure to double lung 'em.

Tryin2, Fissshh On! and "Big Tuna" like this.
  14. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I passed a couple nice bucks opening morning. I have quite a few nicer ones on camera and it was the first day. Haven't hunted that spot since, waiting for the perfect storm and they are still around so I am in no hurry.

My expectations are wildly different when I don't know what is around. I will go a 1/2 mile down the road and be thrilled to whack anything. I just go off of what gets me excited, at that moment.

But yeah, most of these bucks probably would have been in trouble if I had a good shot opportunity.

15. mbrewer

mbrewer

I'm one of those who felt it was silly to name bucks but I've changed my mind on that for the same reasons you mention, it's fun, it's useful and I like having a reference point, aka - name for the emotions that drive the pursuit.