close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Panoptix FishFinder

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by PunyTrout, Mar 18, 2018.

1. PunyTrout

PunyTrout

It's not really my thing but, I saw this and thought I'd share it for those who use electronics and such for fishing.

I'm sure he will (Uncut Angling) post some more videos using the technology so check out his channel on YouTube.

For those who are interested: https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/panoptix/

2. jbird68

jbird68

Way out of my price range. I did buy a Garmin unit last year.

jbird68

3. zer0

zer0

Buy it before buying a boat!
    That tech can be used in any fishing situation. Trolling/Jigging/Casting.

If a rider was supplying that unit for the day, who wouldnt welcome him aboard.

4. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

These electronics are a game changer, no doubt about it. I hate to see ice fishing go this route especially the tournament scene. Tournaments are supposed to test the skills, knowledge and scouting ability of anglers. It is now who spends $2,000 on a unit and how well they can navigate a computer screen across the frozen tundra...

Some might say the same about a flasher or camera. Having a flasher and camera you still have to know how to break down a lake, and locate fish. Flasher only covers directly underneath you, camera gives you a visual maybe 15' if conditions are perfect. Side imaging you just drop the ducer down, spin it and it tells you there is a school up to 100' away..

5. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Gadgets increase participation be it hunting or fishing .We need all the participation we can get these days .My electronics do not add more than something to look at while fishing but keep me out there longer and they mark the fish i wonder why they are not biting .

6. zer0

zer0

Fear not, we both know a tournament can implement gear restrictions.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  7. geobum

geobum

this tech is wild. 10+ years and there will be "nested sonar" that uses wireless/bluetooth and can scan/map huge swaths of lake with relatively little effort. i think the democratization of tech and info on lakes will see a shrinking of "honey holes" and increased pressure which will behoove regulators to tighten restrictions.