Paint problem?

Discussion in 'Michigan Homesteading and Home Improvement' started by GIDEON, May 11, 2018.

1. GIDEON

GIDEON

I have painted with a couple different brands, but yet I always get a blackish residue that seems to bleed through the paint. There are numerous pines close by if that would have any bearing on the situation. Also have several spots that paint doesnt wanns stick, peels and flakes, not sure of the type of wood.

2. vans

vans

Their could be many reasons for both issues
    Adhesion- prep is key, sand/Degloss/tsp etc.

Then prime,FYI- I don’t believe the paint labeled paint and primer, call me old school but I always use a primer when needed

Bleed through, if it’s pine sap I would think you could wash off, I’ve had issues under walnut trees, again your problem may be from a prep or a moisture issue

3. kroppe

kroppe

Sounds like you are painting the exterior, is this correct? Agree with the comment above about prep. Scrape, wash, degrease/degloss and prime is the about best possible prep scenario. Anything less creates opportunity for paint defects.

If it is an option, cut the pines down or back to help reduce the sap fouling.