close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Overpass Death

Discussion in 'Outdoor News' started by frenchriver1, Oct 20, 2017.

1. hommer23

hommer23

You may be correct on me quitting now. I should of taken my own advice of staying out of social media. I will answer your questions first.

I am not related to any of the parties involved, I do live in the community though.
    I have no vested interest in this tragic event.
    I am taking the facts into account and not what the media is putting out as facts.

And depraved indifference could apply, if knowledge was there, to many variables though to say it “is” at this time.

I have never said the kids shouldn’t be punished, never said they should get a pass. I have said people need to take their age into account, and their part into account.

2. Greatest hunter in world?

Greatest hunter in world? Banned

Yup, you see a quote in the Detroit Freep saying "he was a good boy, he didn't do anything, a talented athlete and aspiring rapper who was just about to turn his life around."

For these kids, I'm sure hommer will be quoted in the Clio Daily saying "They were good buys, they were just playing the game of "ding", talented football players and aspiring country musicians who were just about to turn their lives around."

3. petronius

petronius

I can see where their age could be taken into account, either chronological or mental age. But they are not 12 or 13 years old nor developmentally disabled. This was not an accidental rock throw, it was done with the intent to at the least, damage property. The act of throwing items from an overpass onto vehicles below brings the risk of causing harm or death. There have been enough of these cases over the years for them to understand that.

4. petronius

petronius

[​IMG]
    Kenneth Andrew White, 32, of Mt. Morris, was killed on Wednesday, Oct. 18, after a rock was thrown off an overpass and smashed through the windshield of the vehicle he was riding in. Photo provided by the Genesee County Sheriff's Office.

itchn2fish likes this.
  5. Greatest hunter in world?

Man, what a tragedy. Breaks my heart that little boy will grow up without a father just because some psychopathic brats decided to "play the game of ding". Put them in jail for as long as possible.

6. TK81

TK81

C'mon man, as a 16 yr old sophomore, I had an 18 yr old senior girlfriend. As an 18 yr old high school senior, I had two different 16 yr sophomore old girlfriends. There are 13 year old freshmen and some seniors are as old as 19. These age groups are "mingling" everyday. Maybe not your 14 yr old daughter, but probably your next door neighbor's.

That said, high school kids dating other high school kids can not be compared with douchebags dropping rocks from overpasses. Whichever kid/s dropped the rocks need to go down hard. A man is dead. On this I agree with you.

7. Greatest hunter in world?

16 and 18 is not too bad. I'd start raising an eyebrow at 15 and 18, and anything 14 and below with an 18 and over I consider downright creepy. Just my opinion. Anyway, that was an aside to this main conversation.

8. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

Apparently the actions of the MI youths and the horrible outcome had no impact on the OH kids who did essentially the same shortly thereafter.

9. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

Jail 'em all. Be sure and put how they are treated by "BaBa" on live TV. That would maybe scare some sense into these animals.

10. mattawanhunter

mattawanhunter

Is there an article or link to a news story I am missing here, I am on my work laptop and normally don't use it at home so maybe the inf. isn't showing up?!

11. Al L

Al L

Try ABC TV 12 Flint around Oct 18/19th for the news story of the Michigan death from the rocks off the over pass.

Recently the dad of one of the boys was on the Dr. Phill show if you can stand him.

:D Al

12. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I drove under this overpass about 5 mins before the event occurred. A buddy of mine was in the passenger seat and we were on our way home from hanging treestands in roscommon county for an upcoming hunt. I grew up in clio about 3 miles from the spot it happened so I have been following the story. The really odd thing about this was a similar incident happened 1 mile north about 8-10 years prior and a young woman lost her life. Some kids decided it would be funny to hang a dummy from a noose as a Halloween prank. They threw the dummy over the edge to hang in the dark and a young woman swerved thinking someone jumped and she hit the concrete pillars in the median.