Ottawa National Forest

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by TCcrawdad, Mar 19, 2018.

1. TCcrawdad

TCcrawdad

I recently accepted a seasonal position with the Forest Service out of the Kenton Ranger District. I'm planning on doing a lot of camping and fishing this summer and was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the likes in the area. I mostly fish walleye, panfish and rookies,but enjoy just about everything. Thanks for any help guys!

2. shametamer

shametamer

geez cooks run and the ontonogan are great brook trout streams..walleyes are found in most any lake in the area over 200 acres...panfish are best in lakes not over run with eyes and skis..the perch lake campground quiet and secluded..good panfishing here..lake st kathryn is overrun with undersize bass and pike..most of the better fishing is not in the state forest campground areas..parent lake(right on m-28) offers good perch fishing;;otter lake has sturgeon..lake independence probably best bet for trophy size pike....musky i would try lac vieux,bond falls, stanley or cisco chain...prickett dam is snag infested but offers lots of fish