close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Otsego Lake

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by MallardMaster, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

I heading up there in a week for a few days off and I wanted to try and do some bass fishing there. I can honestly say that the only fishing I have done on there is with a spear and pulling a few perch out of the hole. I will be staying on the west side of the lake. I would ask my buddy who lives up there what to do, but he would only skoff at me for wasting time fishing for bass. Push comes to shove I will drop in on Dixon Lake and catch them there, but wanted to try something new. Not looking for any special spots, just looking for a direction to head off in.

2. wah

wah

I've had luck with smallies on the northwest side.

3. Honeydo

Honeydo

i live in gaylord by Dixon lk. fished Ostego lk last weekend with my boys we did not catch anything we fished for bass and blue gills....you could try opel lk lots of nice smallmouths in that lake. going fishing at Dixon this afternoon...let you know how i do

4. JBooth

JBooth

there are some big bass in that lake. Try the points, and shallows in the north end of the lake.

kingfisher 11 likes this.
  5. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11 Premium Member

I found a smallmouth floating one year. It tried to swallow a 8-9" blue gill and died with it in its mouth. The fish was over 6#. Biggest smallmouth I have ever seen.

6. JBooth

JBooth

I caught one last year that had to go close to 6. It wasn't exceptionally long, probably 20". But it it was a stout fish.

7. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

Thanks for the pointers here guys. I am gonna give her heck this weekend irregardless for sure. I've always wanted to fish Otsego on the soft water. I am going to try and hit up Opel as well. Hopefully I can have some luck, but i'm on vacation so it sound be all good!