Oscoda Creel Clerk

Discussion in 'North - North East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by MapleRiverSalmon, Apr 23, 2018.

1. MapleRiverSalmon

MapleRiverSalmon

IMG_0905.JPG Talked to the creel clerk when up north over the weekend. He is very passionate about the area and has even done a little steelhead fishing on the ausable. Please send him any information you can on fishing in the area. He has fought to be kept on an extra month to record the November catches on Atlantics and steelhead. This is the first I have seen a clerk in the area in the last two years and hopefully he can get some good usable data for Lake Huron. Good luck everyone.

Trunkslammer, andyotto and mfs686 like this.
  2. mfs686

mfs686

Should make this a sticky.

3. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Nice guy if he’s the same one from last year. He took measurements of our fish and cut them open to check the sex and stomach contents right there at the ramp.

4. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

I let him take the snout on a clipped hen I got this weekend. Damn fish weighed almost 6lbs@24" long!

MapleRiverSalmon likes this.
  5. MapleRiverSalmon

MapleRiverSalmon

Ya he took samples on a little king we got and we sent him pics of fish over the weekend to log. He seems really excited about the fishery and that is one thing we truly need around there!

mfs686 likes this.