Opinions on lumber prices

Discussion in 'Michigan Homesteading and Home Improvement' started by ofishloutdoorsman, Oct 19, 2020.

1. brushbuster

brushbuster Premium Member

Yup that's pretty accurate. I built my first log home up here using RS 2x4s for interior walls, RS facia boards. My inspector let me get away with 2x10s 12 oc.

kroppe likes this.
  2. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

went to lowes with my stepdad last night to help him get a few sheets of drywall.. the prices i saw made my jaw drop.. $13 for a 4x4x8' pressure treated post! $23 for OSB.. insane!

heck i got quotes for chain link fencing for my back yard to keep my a-hole dogs in, and i got a quote for over $6k to fence in part of my .5 acre lot!

Sasquatch Lives likes this.

3. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Check out the price at home depot. Yesterday morning 4x4x8 were 10.00 dollars and there other prices were lower also. Those prices were from West Branch.

Fish-N-Hunt likes this.
  4. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

TC Menards have lower prices to if they have any in stock. I need a few deck boards but I guess they will wait until spring. Guy at Menards told me a whie back treated stuff is suppose to start easing up in Dec aas the supplies come back

kroppe likes this.
  5. Biggbear

Biggbear

Thanks for the tip guys. I will be contacting the building inspector in charlevoix county to find out if I can use RS for non-structual use. If so getting ad much lumber as possible from the local Amish community should help keep cost down.

brushbuster likes this.
  6. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Scout 2 and kroppe like this.
  7. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

Lumber like ammo and reloading components will never come down, maybe a couple % but dont bet on it.

With Pres Harris by this time next year we will see nearly double digit inflation.
    Have to pay for all those illegals, free healthcare and college tuition for them also.

zfishman likes this.
  8. bjacobs

bjacobs

Please stick to the political forum with the politics so you don't derail this thread.

9. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

10. bjacobs

bjacobs

Yeah me too. Fingers crossed.