Operation: Get Deer Hunter, part 2

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by walleyerick, Nov 17, 2013.

1. walleyerick

walleyerick

Second year in a row a major speed and game check trap where M-115 and M-66 come together. Avoided being pulled over again, but many were not so lucky. There had to be at least a dozen state troopers and 4-5 game wardens either waiting had people pulled over. Come on up, spend your money and have a good time and don't forget to make a little donation to the state on your way home.

2. Mr. Botek

Mr. Botek

Are they pulling people over for obeying the law or just the one's in violation?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. llpof

llpof

Can we get that with cheese?

4. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

Those living within the law should have nothing to fear.....or is this some Macon County Line kind of thing???

5. walleyerick

walleyerick

Im sure the State Troopers were getting people going over the speed limit. I was doing 60 and did not get pulled over, As for the CO's, if you had visible deer, you were probably getting pulled over.

6. Downriver Tackle

Downriver Tackle Banned

You never know. The state police set up in Hillman this past New Years Eve. Went into town about 7pm only to see the state police pulling one person over, then the next car that passed as soon as they were done, then the next, regardless. I got the luck of the draw. :rolleyes: Drove past a pull over doing 24 mph in a 25 and got the u-turn and pull over myself. I'll quote trooper Chuck(last name withheld ;) ) : "Don't worry. You didn't do anything wrong. There are allot of people drinking and driving out tonight. We're just pulling people over to check to see if they have been drinking or not." So yeah, obeying the law doesn't preclude you from an illegal stop.

Should have just cracked my window barely and told him my Constitutional rights! :lol: :lol: :lol: :yikes:

7. Ausable Junkie

Ausable Junkie

You do not need to be breaking a law to get pulled over.

8. john warren

john warren

wonder what the percentage of speeders , or dui they encounter during this time of year?
    wonder how many local citizens have been injured or worse by these drivers?
    wonder if this action is a response to local citizens asking to be safe in their own community?
    i wonder a lot of things lately,,not the least of which is how the heck
    did obama get elected twice?:fish:

9. jatc

jatc

Well with the wind this year and the number of trailers on that chunk of road it NEEDS to be patrolled. For some reason there are way too many guys that think that being on a rural highway gives them the RIGHT to drive at 70+, and if you happen to be ONLY doing 62 they will literally run you off the road and flip you off because they feel you are holding them up. It's as if following the rules puts a target on your back.

I've driven that stretch hundreds of times, usually pulling a boat or a fiver, and have had too many near misses caused by aggressive jerks to even count anymore.

Ticket ALL of them before they kill someone!

If you want to drive faster, get with your State Rep and see if the law can be changed (NOT likely BTW). Until then, 55 MPH is the rule so follow it!

10. toppm

toppm

if you happen to be ONLY doing 62 they will literally run you off the road and flip you off because they feel you are holding them up. It's as if following the rules puts a target on your back.

The funny thing is that you always cruise up to those guys at the next light or stop sign and they are usually one car ahead of you.

11. toppm

toppm

The funny thing is that you always cruise up to those guys at the next light or stop sign and they are usually one car ahead of you.

12. 7iron

7iron

Hate to be the barer of bad news but this happens allot outside of your little corner of the world.:lol:

13. bigcountrysg

bigcountrysg

I hunt in that area. I did not see one Cop or Game Warden the 10 days I was up there. I came home on the 15th, now yes I did take a different way out of Marion and went through Harrison.

But if you think about the new Point Restrictions for Osceola County. Game Warden's checking deer at M-66 and 115 is not that bad of an idea. In fact there is a deer check point north of that intersection.

14. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

There have been a lot of bad accidents in that area this summer. The times I have went thru there n the summer and fall I always seen the sate cops in that area. I think there was something on the news here about them having an speed enforcement area to try and slow the speed down on 115

15. Nitro225Optimax

Nitro225Optimax

I wonder how many people keep kids chained up downstairs, or how many people abduct and keep women against their will? (aka the Cleveland guy).

I wonder how many homes have meth labs in the basement? I wonder how many lives have been ruined by drugs?

I think we should ask law enforcement to go door to door, knock on said doors and tell people they are conducting searches of all homes to ensure the safety of the public and that nothing illegal is going on.

/sarcasm