Open seat thread...ask/offer seat

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by mvheide, Aug 4, 2016.

1. mvheide

mvheide

Could we get this as a sticky? The Erie/Detroit river has it and I think it"s a good idea.

2. pryorhunt

pryorhunt

How's it going Mike? Sounds like a good idea to me.

river likes this.

3. Randyo08

Randyo08

great idea, as a new boat owner would like to take a few trips and learn the bay especially with weather which i hear plays a big role out there, would indeed return the favor on other spots

river likes this.
  4. river

river

Yes, I like this Idea also as there are times I have no one to go with and may have a open seat at times...

EyeMan89 likes this.
  5. pryorhunt

pryorhunt

DITTO

6. notforcharter

notforcharter

Eye also think it's a good idea. And especially for those who don't have a boat. It's always safer than going out by yourself. My boat is a16.9 with 50 H.P. and great on gas but on on days when the forecast is a little rough you could take someones bigger boat. Driving and netting can be done by yourself, but in 2 - 3 footers it's easier having another on board. Sharing info and stories is always a good start to make new friends or catching up with older ones.

7. pryorhunt

pryorhunt

That's exactly why when I'm by myself and there are 2-3 footers I drift. Pretty easy to ride the wind and reel in and net your own fish. Plus there is no noise. All you have to do is catch em and net em! Gotta love it! But, it is usually more enjoyable to have company on the boat. I said usually because I have been on outings where I wished I had gone out by myself, lol.

8. spankin eyes 2

spankin eyes 2 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Ok Fellas will put it in the sticky's..

phantom cls, river and EyeMan89 like this.
  9. mvheide

mvheide

Thanks spankin. I'll go first. Mike from Midland (as I understand it that makes me a westsider). Right now I'm interested in giving the Erie hot perch bite a go.Would like to hitch a ride with someone with Erie experience. Or would be happy to go with on the bay to your secret spot. Share expenses and wear a blindfold to protect secret spot. 55+ years fishin and still lots to learn. Hearing good reports from Sterling State Park. Always interested in chasin gators also.
    I guess I usually launch out of the mouth so I guess that really makes me a nosider or a bisider.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    bellkey and river like this.
  10. EyeMan89

EyeMan89

Thanks spankin! Been waiting for this sticky.

river likes this.
  11. droptine989

droptine989

The blindfold trick is obsolete. Just turn on navionics on your phone and make a track while its in your pocket lol.

12. mvheide

mvheide

YA YA or the handheld in the lunchbox. Usually on the bay you could spot some landmarks anyway.

droptine989 likes this.
  13. angry angler

angry angler

My better half always ask me who you going fishing with tomorrow? She then says so you plan on fishing all day with someone you never even met? I said nope it won't take us that long. :) Have met alot of good people while posting looking for a rider. Never had a bad one. Met another good friend this year and found out we only live two miles from each other. Never hurts to have more friends with boats. Last year I got to enjoy some layout hunting and have recently started bowfishing which is a absolute riot. We're are all alot alike and enjoy the same things which almost always leads to a good time on the water.

14. KILLER INSTINCT

KILLER INSTINCT

I have already made friends with two young men on this board - they were both truly enjoyable company for this old man. I enjoyed their enthusiasm and willingness - I think they enjoyed this old mans stories about my many experiences and we totally had a good time on each trip.

15. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

You mean you don't tell her your going fishing with your buddy Sam? lol...
    [​IMG]