Ontario Recommendations

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing' started by Zach Howell, May 16, 2018 at 4:43 PM.

1. Zach Howell

Zach Howell

Hello All,

Once again I'm turning to the best outdoors community on the web for answers!

Me and my dad have been talking about doing an Ontario trip for years. This summer seems to be the best opportunity for us to do it.

I was originally looking at Bisco. Does anyone have suggestions for a lake within 6 hour drive from Metro Detroit that would offer good fishing? I don't want to fish a giant oval lake like Simcoe. I'm looking for lakes with lots of fingers and cuts. Something that will hold nice pike, some eyes, perch.

Also looking into areas that would have an Air B&B, boat rentals, and groceries.

I would like to keep it within that 6 hours drive distance but I would also look at areas within 8 hours that have killer deals on lodging and boat rentals.

Thanks in advance,

Zach

2. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Biscotasing in the Sudbury district? Or somewhere else? That's an 11 hour drive from Detroit but if you google fishing lodges there are several in the Sudbury district and really all over ontario.

3. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

http://www.waterfallslodge.com/index.htm

I’m headed here this year. 4 main lakes plus 4 outpost lakes and the Spanish river. Many YouTube videos on it and the Spanish river. 1.5 hour drive past the bridge.

4. Zach Howell

Zach Howell

I was looking at Bisco in general but the long drive has made me re think it.

5. Zach Howell

Zach Howell

Thanks! I looked at the website. Prices seem reasonable.

6. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Honestly I wouldn't let the drive hinder your decision. The trip up is a part of the adventure for us. Obviously you have to draw the line somewhere on distance but there are so many good lakes to fish a few hours north of the Soo that turning a 6 hour drive into a 10 hour drive is worth it.

Zach Howell likes this.
  7. Zach Howell

Zach Howell

Well put.

8. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

I’ll give you a report in a couple weeks

Also hubbhunter is right there’s tons of great places. I go every year to a new place. Good to check out the fishing show in novi in January. There a lot of vendors to meet there.

Zach Howell likes this.