Ontario Fishing Lodge Recommendation for September

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing' started by gman, May 15, 2018.

1. gman

gman

My wife surprised me telling me she'd like to go to Canada fishing this September. I'm hoping to find a drive in lodge with 3-4 hours of Sault Ste Marie or Port Huron. We'll be taking our own boat and targeting pike, walleye mostly.
    I've heard alot about Rice Lake and wondered about here maybe?
    I wish Golden Route lodge that was on Sideburn, Highbrush lakes was still open, but maybe someone knows of a lodge in Chapleau area that is within driving distance?

thanks in advance, Mark

2. kzoofisher

kzoofisher

gman likes this.

3. CABELKINS2000

CABELKINS2000

gman likes this.
  4. dosxx

dosxx

We went to Moosehorn Lodge last year in late August and brought our own boats.

Sideburn and Highbrush are nearby and there are other lakes to try. The only downside is you have to trailer every day but that was not an issue with us and we are headed back this year. The lodging is top shelf! All the comforts of home. It is on a small lake that has walleye but we only fished it once just to check it out.

They have a good website that will give you all the info you need.

gman likes this.
  5. gman

gman

Looks like we are going to Drummond Island instead and have a cabin booked at Wa Wen resort. Maybe Canada next year. thanks for the advice.

6. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Go to the ultimate fishing show next year and meet some of the outfitters

gman likes this.
  7. Wall-llard Willie

Wall-llard Willie

Missinabi Provicial Park! Its about an hour north west of Chapleau it has remote "outpost" campsites along the waterway, has a rustic camground with launch and docks if you want to stay there too. Miles of water and great fishing. We did it for like 5 or 6 years straight and LOVED it, haven't been in about 3 years but am pretty sure I'm going next year. PM me if you'd like more info.