close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One Mile Lake Lenawee County

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by jallen370, Feb 21, 2008.

1. jallen370

jallen370

Anyone ever fished this lake in the Onsted State Game area? I fished it for the first time tonight with no luck. It was really deep found that odd since it was so small.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  2. miruss

miruss

never fished it in winter but love it in summer lot's and lot's of bass

3. nosleeptillbrooklyn

nosleeptillbrooklyn

I go across there in a canoe when I am duck hunting, and have seen some nice size bass swimming around, It does drop off real quick and appears to be pretty deep. I have not seen anything else in there.

4. Capnhook

Capnhook

Watch the ice out there. That water is moving. One of my uncles went threw what seemed to be good ice, in the middle of the winter. Capnhook

5. DICK FINDLOW

DICK FINDLOW

f
    Fished there for about ten years back in the sixties. Excellent bass lake. Kept seeing large fish jump, but couldn't get close to them. Then when ice fishing, I saw two six foot shadows swim by under the ice. Sturgeon for sure. Later heard that from other fishermen. Story goes that the lake is so deep because they were mining some mineral and the equipment struck an underground water source and began filing the excavation with water. The equipment is still at the bottom. Lake during rainy periods was connected to Grassy Lake. One time on
    Grassy, a large fish attacked my bobber in the only deep hole there. Again, only saw the shadow, but know it was a Sturgeon.