One and done..

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by salmonslammer, May 17, 2018 at 7:51 AM.

1. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Woke up at 430 and instantly calculated that if I got my butt out of bed I can get a couple hours in before work...

Hit the same spot as the other day. Took half a drift punch a ticket. Played catch and release for another hour. Probably handled over 20 fish.

Quite a few boats at the split of the Windsor channel down to the coast guard station. Few boats over tipping cows as well.

No Silver's this morning. Nothing but eyes!

Water temp is up to 58 so it's only a matter of time before the invade.

Get them while you can!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. roosterg5

roosterg5

Way to get up and go get them!

NEW HUDSON WALT likes this.

3. Fried Fillets

Fried Fillets

Good job SS. We struggled last night for a while. Caught 2 shorts down by the steel mills. Caught 1 keeper by the post office and 1 by the Boblo docks. Finally found a good school of fish right in front of Zug Island. Not sure if it was truly the area or the time of day, because at this point it was 7:00pm. Anyway, we used different color jigheads, chartreuse being the main color in all the patterns with brown and black Wyandotte worm. Caught our limit plus several throwbacks. Interesting that the WT was only 51F vs what you have been reporting on the CA side up river. (?)

salmonslammer likes this.
  4. pjd

pjd

Love it when a plan comes together.
    Way to let the walleye fever continue

5. steveh27

steveh27

We made a pass this am by the CG station. Nothing. Went to Can Club & caught 9. Color made a big difference. I was using a glow white tail w chart end, my bud was using a antifreeze color. After he had me 4-0 I changed and caught 3. We fished from 7:15-11.

6. MiketheElder

MiketheElder

Quit at 25 fish in less than 2 hours. Pulling red and black spoons with a few coming on Kevorkian (Deep purple).

auger and salmonslammer like this.
  7. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

8. iFishy

iFishy Premium Member

Great Job Brian and Report!!!!

salmonslammer likes this.
  9. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Thanks for the report FF... Saved my butt last night!

Took a pair of coworkers out yesterday evening, and of course neither one had a Canadian license. I havent been on US waters the last few trips so I set off looking where they had been. Total bust.

Spent the 1st 3 hrs above the A bridge and they only had 2 fish..

Dropped below the A bridge and started plying the deeper water. 1 of the guys had a heck of a time finding bottom so I rigged up the FNG 1.5oz jigs ( can you find bottom now?!?) and finally got him to stop dragging. Never realized how hard it is to run the mtr when you're not fishing!

Got down by the power line and found a few pods of fish... real close to the border. Made 3 drifts and the boys were boxed out!

You were right... about 7pm they started to snap!

Kinda surprised that we didnt hit any silvers down there... We were stopping about 2/3 of the way down zug before we turned around.

slabstar likes this.