Old snelled hooks ?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by 50incher, May 14, 2018.

1. 50incher

50incher

Was going thru my Perch stuff and came across this box of snelled hooks from my father, I'm guessing their from a Herter catalog and @ the 1960's....he like to buy in bulk....just curious if they ring a bell with anyone ?....

Gotta like the older packaging, lol...."you're the solution to water pollution" and "always say peck way"....I have a shadow box a buddy made for me and want to fill it with old tackle for the wall....have always loved the nostalgia of fishing and hunting.... DSCN0046.JPG DSCN0047.JPG
    cheers....

Zkovach1175 and mbirdsley like this.
  2. PunyTrout

PunyTrout

I found these in an old Kennedy tackle box I picked up at a Salvation Army. Manistee River snelled hooks, Kalkaska Tackle Co.

Manistee River Hooks.jpg

walleye50, mbirdsley and 50incher like this.

3. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

I used to have some snelled hooks snelled with cat gut. I guess that you had to soak them in water before you used them as they were very brittle when I got them. Sadly the cat gut broke off of them so they got thrown away.

50incher likes this.
  4. 50incher

50incher

Lol....I have an old steel Kennedy tackle box....cut grass and did chores for a widow for years till I graduated high school....she gave me all her husbands fishing tackle....2 steel poles and tackle box with lures, even have a cotton fish basket that clamps to the boat that's mint....I would always bring her and her mother fresh Walleye fillets since I was probably 10 yrs old and could run a lawn mower, lol....

So we have made in MI. and PA....imagine that ?!....

Scout 2, mjh4 and Zkovach1175 like this.